Track wrecked GT3RS worth fixing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 04:17 PM
Corsa Forged
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Track wrecked GT3RS worth fixing?

Recently I came across a 991 GT3RS that was wrecked at the track. 4000 miles and still holds a clean title, and they are asking $135,000. Want to get a general consensus and hear options before I consider attempting the fix. Here is what the listing says:

"PLEASE READ AD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. Clean Title 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4200 miles. Car runs and drives. The passenger seat and roof bag have been deployed. Car was wrecked on a race track. The Car has a clean Auto Check and Clean Title in hand. I have a brand new passenger door from Porsche that goes with the car. I purchased the car this way so I do not know any history on the car. If you are interested please send me your phone number and I will call you. I will not send the vin or answer any Facebook messages until I talk to you first. IF THE AD IS UP IT IS STILL AVAILABLE."

Follow us on Instagram: @Corsawheels / Facebook @Corsa Forged
Sales: Corsaforged@gmail.com // +813.449.0349

Old 05-12-2024, 12:16 PM
jfischet
Three Wheelin'

Received 619 Likes on 363 Posts

ouch. expensive track day.

this is the 1964-1989 forum, though. you'll have better luck in the model specific forums.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:50 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,061 Likes on 2,103 Posts

For me I'd say no. Even if it has a clean title, you're still going to be disclosing that and taking a huge hit when reselling and fixing won't be cheap. If I was in the market buying, I'd rather spend more for a car without the accident damage, even if fixed properly. Maybe if the car was sub $100k it would be a better deal.
Old 05-13-2024, 10:11 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 196 Likes on 168 Posts

Make a $$$ list of the parts required to have the car restored to a decent condition and add the amount to the purchase price and you will have your answer …
That car will never have a clean title for resale value , you’ll get better feedback on the Porsche Cup forums !

Cheers
Phil
Old 05-13-2024, 11:30 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Jesus what a mess...

Old 05-13-2024, 11:59 AM
Corsa Forged
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

oh geez, I didn't know. Thank you for that.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:59 AM
Corsa Forged
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It would be to fix and keep for a while however.
Old 05-13-2024, 12:14 PM
nebmot
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Corsa Forged
Recently I came across a 991 GT3RS that was wrecked at the track. 4000 miles and still holds a clean title, and they are asking $135,000. Want to get a general consensus and hear options before I consider attempting the fix. Here is what the listing says:

"PLEASE READ AD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS. Clean Title 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4200 miles. Car runs and drives. The passenger seat and roof bag have been deployed. Car was wrecked on a race track. The Car has a clean Auto Check and Clean Title in hand. I have a brand new passenger door from Porsche that goes with the car. I purchased the car this way so I do not know any history on the car. If you are interested please send me your phone number and I will call you. I will not send the vin or answer any Facebook messages until I talk to you first. IF THE AD IS UP IT IS STILL AVAILABLE."

There is a 2RS chassis on copart that was stripped, If you could get that chassis cheap enough then it might be worth buying, but i'm not sure for 135k. TJ Hunt (youtuber) bought the green one that was on ebay forever for like 63K, that chassis is done but the motor, trans, interior and other parts still made it a viable purchase. This car at 135k isn't a good buy. Porsche won't sell you the parts to fix it, so you would have to find another chassis to get around that. just my two cents. Good luck in your decision.
Old 05-13-2024, 12:30 PM
rensoyka
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 107 Posts

yeah I'm thinking that too, that the person who bought this as a wreck has found out how expensive and how difficult it is to find parts and fix. he's probably kicking himself for thinking it was a steal of a deal and the OP should be wary of this too.
Old 05-13-2024, 02:21 PM
RDMcG
Rennlist Member

Received 848 Likes on 449 Posts

Prices are softening on the 991RS ( I have one), and this car does not have PCCBs and has a non-stock rear wing. I would order how many other mods are on the car. I would be inclined to pass.
The following users liked this post:
nebmot (05-13-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 03:09 PM
Nashvegas
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by nebmot
There is a 2RS chassis on copart that was stripped, If you could get that chassis cheap enough then it might be worth buying, but i'm not sure for 135k. TJ Hunt (youtuber) bought the green one that was on ebay forever for like 63K, that chassis is done but the motor, trans, interior and other parts still made it a viable purchase. This car at 135k isn't a good buy. Porsche won't sell you the parts to fix it, so you would have to find another chassis to get around that. just my two cents. Good luck in your decision.
Question. You mention Porsche 'wont sell you the parts to fix'. Can you explain further? Ie - do they only provide/sell the parts to a Porsche authorized bodyshop or something?

Genuinely curious. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:24 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 345 Likes on 151 Posts

I had to price out a FR fender for 1.2RS this morning- around $20k USD. Parts aren't cheap unless you can find them used.

I've never heard of Porsche turning down taking someone's money. The most I've ever had requested is a VIN and picture of title/DL matching for keys etc.

Best of luck if you buy it.

--Aaron

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook
Old 05-13-2024, 03:29 PM
nebmot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nashvegas
Question. You mention Porsche 'wont sell you the parts to fix'. Can you explain further? Ie - do they only provide/sell the parts to a Porsche authorized bodyshop or something?

Genuinely curious. Thanks.

I was referring to the structural damage, the rear quarter, outside, probably inside would need to be replaced. Porsche USA won’t sell those parts to anyone but a Porsche certified collision center, if that collision center back doors parts for someone they run the risk of losing their certification and possibly fines from Porsche (not completely sure on that part, but it’s something I’ve heard). I assume the car is in the US since he listed the amount in $, that’s why I suggested the 2RS chassis.

Old 05-13-2024, 03:39 PM
Corsa Forged
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

20k? Geez, yeah im finding them on eBay for $1200. As far as the rear, that's a different story.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:47 PM
nebmot
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RennPart
I had to price out a FR fender for 1.2RS this morning- around $20k USD. Parts aren't cheap unless you can find them used.

I've never heard of Porsche turning down taking someone's money. The most I've ever had requested is a VIN and picture of title/DL matching for keys etc.

Best of luck if you buy it.

--Aaron
For bolt on parts you're right, walk into Porsche, give them your CC and order your parts; for structural, it's not happening.

Quick Reply: Track wrecked GT3RS worth fixing?