993 RS spoiler installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 04:50 AM
Nelly993
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 993 RS spoiler installation

Hello Rennlisters,

Looking for some advice from anyone who has installed an RS spoiler onto 993 decklid.

Recently purchased this spoiler from EBay in Europe and when it showed up it was in much worse shape than I’d thought, and didn’t come with any hardware.

No mounting studs?

As you can see there is no mounting studs or bolts to fasten it. Also would you be able to use the holes from the existing basket handle brake light or would I have to fill those and drill 2 new ones.

I have also seen several forums about how to attach the grill - some saying windshield glue as it’s the strongest.

Any help on either of these two issues would be really helpful. Would be good if I could give the body shop some direction.

Thank you!!
Old 02-13-2024, 12:08 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

I’ll attempt to give you some suggestions as far as my understanding of how this is affixed , the flange or surface that meets your engine lid is drilled to accept small 10mm bolts and nuts to secure the spoiler it self .
The grill (original for car ) is secured by small posts on the grill that you use speed nuts to lock once drilled holes are made in very top indentation for grill location ..hope this helps , Bert
The following users liked this post:
Nelly993 (02-14-2024)
Old 02-13-2024, 07:00 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 579 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelly993
Hello Rennlisters,

Looking for some advice from anyone who has installed an RS spoiler onto 993 decklid.

Recently purchased this spoiler from EBay in Europe and when it showed up it was in much worse shape than I’d thought, and didn’t come with any hardware.

No mounting studs?

As you can see there is no mounting studs or bolts to fasten it. Also would you be able to use the holes from the existing basket handle brake light or would I have to fill those and drill 2 new ones.

I have also seen several forums about how to attach the grill - some saying windshield glue as it’s the strongest.

Any help on either of these two issues would be really helpful. Would be good if I could give the body shop some direction.

Thank you!!
that's a poor aftermarket copy of an original

Here is an original factory version

The grill is glued in
Old 02-14-2024, 08:25 PM
Nelly993
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Bert, very helpful!

Have reached out to a couple body shops to provide quotes as think this will take a fair amount of work to get ready for paint before even thinking about mounting.

Quick Reply: 993 RS spoiler installation