Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Fog lights not working on 911SC

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2024 | 09:50 PM
francesconyc
Instructor

Default Fog lights not working on 911SC

I almost forgot that I have fog lights - which honestly are useless where I live in NYC.
I'm even contemplating deleting them, but first, I want to understand why they don't work.

I tried with the headlight on.
The fog light **** does not illuminate. and the fog light doesn't turn on either.
what is the first thing to check? fuse box? then a multimeter and bulbs?
Old 02-12-2024 | 10:18 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

First thing i would do is grab a schematic and a multimeter.
Old 02-12-2024 | 02:16 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Since this car is new to you, who knows what a prior owner might have done. When I got my car the fogs were not even wired up.

Start out by making sure the relay and fuses are in place. The inside of the fuse cover in the front trunk should tell you where they are.

The factory manual has instructions on adding fog lights - that info will help you troubleshoot, since it explains where the wires should connect. A US car should be wired so the fogs will only come on when the headlights are on, but you can also wire them so they will work with just parking lights. Here is the page from the manual:

Mark
Old 02-19-2024 | 09:58 AM
francesconyc
Instructor

Ok i think it was the fuse. I bet most of them are original fuses from 1982 haha so i will replace them all. I was also able to restore the spray nozzle for the headlight. Who knew it was that simple
Old 02-19-2024 | 01:53 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by francesconyc
Ok i think it was the fuse. I bet most of them are original fuses from 1982 haha so i will replace them all. I was also able to restore the spray nozzle for the headlight. Who knew it was that simple
Great, thanks for closing the loop.

Sometimes you have to spin the fuses to restore contact. If you want to replace the old fuses, make sure you get the ceramic type. There are also plastic ones that are not recommended.

You've got quite a few projects going, once you get caught up you could consider upgrading the entire fuse block to the modern blade-type. There are a couple of vendors that sell them.

Mark
Old 02-19-2024 | 01:53 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Deleted double-post

Quick Reply: Fog lights not working on 911SC