Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

WARNING - Tru6 Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 02:53 AM
matt2491
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING - Tru6 Restoration

This is a review of Tru6 Restoration & Design in Watertown, MA. Shaun is the owner.

What started off with so much promise has turned into a nightmare. I’m not sure what else to do at this point besides write this review as a warning to others.

I’ll start with the positives because it’s short: Shaun is a pleasant guy to talk to (when you can get a hold of him)… That is until recently, when he replied to a check-in text with “If you text me again I’m throwing it out the window.”

Where do I even begin with the real negatives? I dropped off an aluminum grille, along with a few other parts to be restored, back in October of 2021. Yes, 2021. Over two YEARS ago. The light at the end of the tunnel is gone, and I must be a fool for continuing to believe Shaun will ever get these parts done. I email, text, and/or call regularly. I’ve been nothing but reasonable and respectful. Rarely will Shaun respond, and when he does, it’s yet another excuse or reason for the countless delays. Shaun is the least dependable person I’ve ever dealt with. I can’t count how many times I’ve heard a version of “your grille will be done next week”. All empty words unfortunately.

I’m not sure what I did to deserve such poor treatment. I understand quality work takes time, but what I cannot accept are the endless false promises… if not straight up radio silence. When I dropped the parts off, Shaun quoted a 4-5 month turn around. That was 26 months ago. I’m sure Shaun’s work is second to none, but what good is it if it never actually gets done?

This extreme delay has prevented me from finishing this particular build, which has had a negative domino effect on several other things I have going on. On top of that, I’ve spent far too much time trying to communicate with Shaun to no avail. I wish Shaun had simply told me that he didn’t want / had no time for my business back when I first reached out.

I resisted writing this review for a long time, continuing to give Shaun the benefit of the doubt. My intention is not to bash anybody. His uncalled for and unprofessional most recent text message was the last straw. If he feels that I am bugging him, I make no apology. Every time in the past he has given me a finish date, I’ve patiently waited and only touched base again at that time. I told Shaun I would be writing about my experience, so this should come as no surprise to him. I really did not want to do this.

Shaun, if you see this review, just get the grille done. If you can make that happen, I’ll consider deleting this review. If you can’t, then I’m just sorry we’ve wasted each others’ time for over two years. What a disappointment.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:03 AM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by matt2491
This is a review of Tru6 Restoration & Design in Watertown, MA. Shaun is the owner.

What started off with so much promise has turned into a nightmare. I’m not sure what else to do at this point besides write this review as a warning to others.

I’ll start with the positives because it’s short: Shaun is a pleasant guy to talk to (when you can get a hold of him)… That is until recently, when he replied to a check-in text with “If you text me again I’m throwing it out the window.”

Where do I even begin with the real negatives? I dropped off an aluminum grille, along with a few other parts to be restored, back in October of 2021. Yes, 2021. Over two YEARS ago. The light at the end of the tunnel is gone, and I must be a fool for continuing to believe Shaun will ever get these parts done. I email, text, and/or call regularly. I’ve been nothing but reasonable and respectful. Rarely will Shaun respond, and when he does, it’s yet another excuse or reason for the countless delays. Shaun is the least dependable person I’ve ever dealt with. I can’t count how many times I’ve heard a version of “your grille will be done next week”. All empty words unfortunately.

I’m not sure what I did to deserve such poor treatment. I understand quality work takes time, but what I cannot accept are the endless false promises… if not straight up radio silence. When I dropped the parts off, Shaun quoted a 4-5 month turn around. That was 26 months ago. I’m sure Shaun’s work is second to none, but what good is it if it never actually gets done?

This extreme delay has prevented me from finishing this particular build, which has had a negative domino effect on several other things I have going on. On top of that, I’ve spent far too much time trying to communicate with Shaun to no avail. I wish Shaun had simply told me that he didn’t want / had no time for my business back when I first reached out.

I resisted writing this review for a long time, continuing to give Shaun the benefit of the doubt. My intention is not to bash anybody. His uncalled for and unprofessional most recent text message was the last straw. If he feels that I am bugging him, I make no apology. Every time in the past he has given me a finish date, I’ve patiently waited and only touched base again at that time. I told Shaun I would be writing about my experience, so this should come as no surprise to him. I really did not want to do this.

Shaun, if you see this review, just get the grille done. If you can make that happen, I’ll consider deleting this review. If you can’t, then I’m just sorry we’ve wasted each others’ time for over two years. What a disappointment.
I would go pick up your parts and carry them somewhere else to have them redone.
The following users liked this post:
Cougarav8r (05-12-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 11:02 AM
Sajan
Pro

Received 299 Likes on 179 Posts

What timing this is..

I was watching Heidy and Franny's channel and wanted to plate some of the old nuts/bolts that are lying around. They used Van Nuys plating.
During my search on what type of plating to do, I saw Tru6 mentioned and I bookmarked it yest.

Let me delete that now.

Can't stand dealing with undependable people.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:28 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,095 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
I would go pick up your parts and carry them somewhere else to have them redone.
yeah this 100% .. i would have " dropped by" and picked up my parts long before now.
Sajan (01-02-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 09:26 AM
993tmac
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good experience Tru6

Originally Posted by matt2491

sounds like you have had a really tough interaction and experience. I would like to share that my experience with tru6 has been different. I am in the process of a complete 81SC Targa reno and have used Tru6 to Cerakote and extensively repair my Fan assembly and various other external parts. Shaun also expertly refinished my spring plates and hardware and I have another pile of hardware I am dropping off this week.

a 2 year wait for any service is insane and if that’s been your experience that lousy. I would stop by and pick it up as well. My timeline on my fan assembly to Cerakote and cad plate was 3-4 months. I dropped off my spring plates and hardware and they were done in 6-7 weeks.

I live local to the shop so I have been dropping off various items to be done over the past few months. Shaun is a one man band and every time I show up he is actively buffing, cleaning, sorting, polishing or grinding something. His shop is “full” of projects that are underway.

I am not a paid shill for tru6…just that my experience has been different. I just contacted a reputable dash restoration company and their lead times are 4 months but if I pay 40% more I can have in a month. My engine has been in with another great shop for 18mo. They are working lots of engines and mine is slotted in and to be completed this spring.

Not an excuse for Shaun but there are not enough people to do this type of work. All the suppliers I have been speaking to share the same story….we cannot get help and the experts in the business are dying off!

My experience has been working out for me perhaps due to…I am working a 3yr project. Shaun’s work is exceptional
Old 01-09-2024, 01:22 PM
Dr. 914
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 136 Posts

the 911 dashes from Turkey are quite good and readily available but only in vinyl. air in california recovers the leather ones and even gets the warp out of the buck
Old 05-10-2024, 02:21 PM
RevivalRoadFab
6th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My name is Tyler and I'm the owner of Revival Road Fab Works. Let me start off by saying Shaun is great at what he does and thru a previous employer, I've sent Shaun bright work and was pleased, no complaints about anything other than a little extended deadline. Now that I'm running my own restoration shop, I've had the complete opposite experience with Shaun and am completely out of patience.

Shaun has had my client's brightwork for a 964 backdate since Jan. 2022. I was originally quoted 3-4 months turn around. After a few months of checking in after that timeline passed, I was told they would be ready to ship back Sept. 2022. I've been given pictures of other peoples parts that have nothing to do with my order multiple times. All excuses have been tomorrow, next week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. they will be sent out. My set was apparently completed in early Dec. 2022 and Shaun sent me a paypal request to pay the remaining balance. At that point I was requesting pictures of my parts before paying the final balance. At that point we stopped contact through email and transferred to texting and speaking over the phone. I got an excuse about his role in the #1 Speedster project for Road Scholars and I demanded him to get some damn pictures and no more excuses. I would tell him multiple times throughout this process that I understand his issues as I'm a business owner myself and I'm the only employee cars. His stories from the OP and others are the same I got. Finally in Feb. 2023 he text me some pictures of my supposed frames but due to my daughter being born that day, I didn't even realize he sent me what I was looking for. Late June comes up and I'm discussing window frames with Retro Automotive and Shaun's name comes up so I decided to check my texts. I find the photos, send him a text with an apology about not paying his balance, then get him paid up immediately. He responded back that he was buying a motorcycle in Oregon and would try stopping by my shop the next week. Never showed up, no issue there. I check in with him early August and he said the frames are in storage but will send them out soon. Mid September I check in again and he said he'd try to get to storage soon. Early October I check in again with the same storage story. Mid October I ask for them as my client was visiting in 2.5 weeks. Next week I send a reminder to him. Early November arrives and no frames for my client to see. Shaun states Thanksgiving he's going home and will grab them to send out. End of November he states he's sending lots of frames out that week. Only problem was mine wasn't one of them. Mid December I text him with no response. We had a phone call or two in early Jan. 2024 when he told me the quarter window finish was turning pink and he was going to redo them. I said fine as I have since changed to pop out windows and the trim he had wasn't important to get back to me anytime soon. He was going to do a quick test on the metal with another processor and we agreed after that test to send my door frames, etc. back to me without the quarter window trim. March rolls around and his step father passed away, will send my frames out the following week. End of March and beginning of April I check in with no response. April 7, 2024 he sends me a picture of my supposed parts stating the clear didn't match the anodizing. He was stripping everything, repolishing, and clearing it all. He said the following week they would ship. I call the following week and he asks for my address again. Then the last 3 weeks he's ignored all of my calls and texts (which I'm not bothering him every hour of every day).

Shaun has my parts, my money, and all I've gotten back is an absolutely pissed off customer.

Shaun, I feel for you as a one man band myself but you absolutely lie to me every time we talk and you have my money and parts. I have this 91' C2 backdate that I am taking to Monterey Car Week in August and this brightwork will be the death blow to all my work and this trip if Shaun doesn't send me my parts, hopefully completed so I don't have to find someone else, plus all the time to get them processed.

If anyone is local to Shaun's business, please contact me and I will pay you for your time to go rescue my parts and I'll send them else where.
Cougarav8r (05-12-2024)

Quick Reply: WARNING - Tru6 Restoration