Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

early 911 NOS ski rack - Lietz or Karo

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2023, 03:54 PM
houstonking
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default early 911 NOS ski rack - Lietz or Karo

Hello – I was hoping a knowledgeable person would be kind enough to share expertise about what appears to be an NOS 911 ski rack found while clearing out the last of my father’s estate. It is still packed in what appears to be the original box which is marked with a “Karo L 3710” sticker on the box end. At the same time, the original packing tape which closed the box is labeled "Lietz". Not sure why two separate Porsche aftermarket suppliers would have their logos on the same box and any insight is appreciated..

I've been unable to locate catalog images and was hoping someone could confirm this will fit an early 911.

While I was playing with hot-rod Fords in the late 70s, Dad restored a 356C and an early 911 so it makes sense that he would have acquired this item. Not sure whether there were any Porsche dealerships in Corpus Christi, TX at that time so it could have could have come from a trader’s market or perhaps San Antonio or Austin. Parents moved approx. 1990 and this package has been in the attic ever since. Currently in Houston.

I’d like to find a good home for this and wondered whether anyone could advise a good venue. EBay? If it is collectable, am wondering whether the box itself should be preserved for its markings? Any ideas on a fair value?

Quick Reply: early 911 NOS ski rack - Lietz or Karo