Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

"Gold Plated Porsche--"

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 11:28 PM
OneNineElevenGuy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A great, quick read. I passed mine onto another P-car freak.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Michael Jekot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would this be the same guy looking for the nose clip?
Old 09-23-2004, 11:50 PM
OneNineElevenGuy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:31 PM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Targa especially has a German swiss army type look to it and is a bit of a dated design whereas the coupe still can look more modern
Of course this is all relative. I believe that the 911's shape is decidedly archaic and unchanged. To say that a Targa (of whch most 944s have, according to www.mobile.de) is a "dated" look, ignores that fact that even the 997 hasn't fundamentally changed much and is also "dated". Therefore a better term would be "classic". They are all classics and modernity isn't part of the 911 palette, as far as external body styling is concerned. Mechanicals are another story, but perhaps like a select few of us here, I would be more inclined to own both a regular coupe and a targa top. Either way, everyone has a their personal tastes. This topic has probably ended up as a pointless debate in superficiality, bordering on snobbery, at best. The most important thing to keep in mind is that the car has much more soul than most mass produced consumer items that roll of assembly lines today. Best thing to keep in mind is that Porsche is a sporting marque, not to be confused with a Golf cabrio.

Quick Reply: "Gold Plated Porsche--"