911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Carrera 88 new suspension

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2023 | 04:08 PM
Aventurine 992
Instructor

Thank you for all your valuable comments. I'd love to know if any of you have ordered Elephant suspension packages and which one of their many choices? I was considering the Street Performance 1 or the Sport Restoration 1.

So if I want to have a tight and slightly sporty ride I should probably order a complete kit from Elephant. By the way, every time I go over a speed bump, my rear suspension makes the same noise as my mother's rocking chair so I assume my rear bushing are probably worn..
Old 12-11-2023 | 04:46 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Aventurine 992
That's what I'm thinking.... What do you think of the Elephant Racing packages? They seem complete but very expensive. Is it really a must to change everything they offer to get optimal results, or does some of it really depend on the condition of the existing rod and bushing?
You may or may not want or need a full package

for street driving new regular hardness bushes are fine, go w/ sport harness for a more precise but slightly less comfortable ride

avoid any but rubber bushes for street use

stock '88 has 18.8 and 25mm t-bars, for street use they are fine, to reduce roll at a slight cost in ride 21/26 plated and plugged Sanders bars is good

4 x hd Bilsteins are good, but for an even better ride have them revalved w/a digressive valve stack

you don't need turbo tierods unless you want a more precise steering feel

get steering rack spacers if the car has been lowered, and raise the spindles if it's been lowered a lot
The following users liked this post:
alaskaoe (12-12-2023)
Old 12-11-2023 | 05:48 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
You may or may not want or need a full package

for street driving new regular hardness bushes are fine, go w/ sport harness for a more precise but slightly less comfortable ride

avoid any but rubber bushes for street use

stock '88 has 18.8 and 25mm t-bars, for street use they are fine, to reduce roll at a slight cost in ride 21/26 plated and plugged Sanders bars is good

4 x hd Bilsteins are good, but for an even better ride have them revalved w/a digressive valve stack

you don't need turbo tierods unless you want a more precise steering feel

get steering rack spacers if the car has been lowered, and raise the spindles if it's been lowered a lot
Turbo tie rods make a huge (positive) difference. I would definitely recommend getting them.

Old 12-12-2023 | 07:46 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ironman88
Turbo tie rods make a huge (positive) difference. I would definitely recommend getting them.
need

I use them too and like them, but they are not needed, especially for street use.

Quick Reply: Carrera 88 new suspension