Rasant Products 6-ITB Kit Installation!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 12:47 AM
Rasant Products
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

5) We have made many other exciting changes and additions to the product line-up - as featured on the new website. The legacy products are now featured under a single segment of the company headlined as "Air-Cooled Products". The innovative line of new Rotrex supercharger kits for 928 models, as well as "07K" 5-cylinder engine swaps for 924, 944 and 968 models, are all featured under a new "Transaxle" segment. A combination of existing bolt-on performance products from CSF, iPD, Evolution Motorsports and many others (primarily for later Porsche models - and combined into EvoMS ECU-direct flash-tuned PowerPacks), is now featured under a new "Liquid-Cooled" segment.

6) The Design Studio - an in-house visualization and design-build initiative was recently added to the lineup of innovative Rasant Products services, to aid customers in conceptualizing and communicating their design ideas and desires. As mentioned before, significant steps are being taken to increase our own internal quality assurance and communication process; the wiring harness documentation and QC process is just one of those areas being addressed and this new Design Studio initiative is a clear new direction of innovation. This level of design access, is typically only seen from high budget, made-for-TV, larger scale productions. As a small automotive operation, we're very proud to be able to offer it to our clients.

Have a look here - https://www.rasantproducts.com/design-studio

The first 40-sets of our proprietary-designed, custom-made 911 taillights for the earlier 911 models (all pre-964 for now), arrives this week. It's beautiful stuff and can be seen under the "Exterior" collection on the new site!

Have a look here - https://www.rasantproducts.com/produ...en-tail-lights

The new website can be viewed in its entirety here - www.RasantProducts.com - associated Instagram and Facebook pages are constantly updated!

The response to the Rasant brand relaunch was huge and we're still working out some kinks, so please bare with us during the transition. We will do our level best to respond to all inquiries as fast as possible.

Regards, The Rasant Products Team

Last edited by Rasant Products; 04-09-2024 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2024, 12:39 AM
hotaru
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Rasant support team,
I have purchased the complete kits from Rasant: Intake system and Engine management with Motec M130 for my Porsche 3.6l, dual spark (964 engine). My car and engine was going through complete rebuild and now we finally installed both kits.
We are desperately looking for help - the basic setting that came on M130 - engine does not run .... some of the sensors are not even setup.
We did not get any setup documentation and we need help.
I have sent emails to support but did not received any answers. We have tried to call new Rasant - but all calls unanswered and goes to voice mail.
Please help us. We are located in Japan
Thanks
Old 07-24-2024, 02:54 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by hotaru
I have purchased the complete kits from Rasant: Intake system and Engine management with Motec M130 for my Porsche 3.6l, dual spark (964 engine). My car and engine was going through complete rebuild and now we finally installed both kits.
We are desperately looking for help - the basic setting that came on M130 - engine does not run .... some of the sensors are not even setup.
I have sent emails to support but did not received any answers. We have tried to call new Rasant - but all calls unanswered and goes to voice mail.
Thanks
My suggestion would be to find a Motec programmer who has the appropriate licenses to code what is needed. You won’t get after support from Rasant, they didn’t even deliver the product we ordered and it had to be highly modified.(wiring, sensors replace, and dozens of hours of coding on Motec).
This is what we had to do after we got zero support from Rasant. The shop I used is BBI Autosport, they are in Huntington Beach CA, if you ask for Betim he can suggest options for you and possibly options for Motec in Japan as they work closely with Motec. Mine is also M130, dual plug, etc.

Good luck.
Old 07-30-2024, 09:38 AM
Rasant Products
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hotaru
Thanks
@hotaru - Good Day! I am sorry that you were not able to get support.

When we acquired Rasant Products last year, we did not take on the MoTeC master agreement. We tried to, but found them to be extremely difficult to work with as a company. As a result, we shifted away from MoTeC and entered into a new relationship for stand-alone systems supplied by Emtron - also out of Australia. They are phenomenal systems and the company is great to work with. We haven't looked back since and there were several reasons for this -

1) MoTeC was sold to Bosch in the last two years and since then, their support has gone to crap. It feels like they moved to protect some of their existing Bosch dealers and territories in the process and smaller MoTeC dealers were being flushed. Rasant was selling 40-50 units per year, but even that was not enough to move the needle with them. Even Singer dumped MoTeC and so did Rasant Products.

2) During the 2020 to 2022 time-frame the previous ownership of Rasant sold several ITB kits based on new MoTeC systems, but MoTeC could not deliver. (They blamed all of their supply issues on Covid - LONG after the scamdemic was over!) I took over the company with three unfulfilled MoTeC orders still dragging out from 22 / 24 / 26 months before! We tried to help those customers, but we could not get good support from MoTeC, so we walked away from that relationship.

3) When MoTeC did finally drop-ship those outstanding units, they shipped them directly to customers - bypassing Rasant (and without start-up maps.) It sounds like this is what happened to you as well. I tried my best to intervene, but MoTeC would not provide us with support. They also would not support the customers without them paying an additional $1,300 to buy "firmware packages" and that was when we pulled the plug on trying to work with MoTeC any further.

4) The Emtron systems are an "open architecture" and no "firmware package" license fees are charged. Customer-1 can simply download their map and upload it to Customer-2 (two buddies can share maps, or a tuner can use one developed map as a start-up base for the next tune, or we can do it, the customers themselves can do it, etc.) With Emtron, YOU own your map and your system.

5) Emtron systems are based on a much better and newer architecture than the aging MoTeC foundation - I don't want to get into the technical aspects right now, but once an experienced MoTeC tuner sees an Emtron and tunes even just one car with the system, they are hooked!

All that said - I want to see if I can help you out (if you still need support.) Sorry, I did not see your post until today. Please email me via Sales@RasantProducts.com and we'll go from there. My in-house tuner is very familiar with MoTeC systems and can possibly try to provide support long distance, but some of the other posters may be correct; after all is said and done, it may be best for you to try and locate a MoTeC tuner in your area.

Last edited by Rasant Products; 07-30-2024 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-07-2024, 11:55 PM
hotaru
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, thanks for answer
I sent email.

Quick Reply: Rasant Products 6-ITB Kit Installation!