Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Electronic Gremlins 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 05:56 PM
FrankMax
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy Electronic Gremlins 991.2

Hello. New member here due to my new (to me) 2017 911 S4 Cab with just under 10k miles. I've got two electronic gremlins haunting me on my sweet 911. Regarding the Multi-function Display in the dash, I've changed multiple parameters, i.e. time, comfort, door lock, etc., repeatedly, and after a couple of ignition starts, the settings return to original settings. Just one example is that I keep turning off the GPS auto setting for time and manually setting the time back one hour because the car still thinks it's on the East Coast where I bought it and not in my Central time Zone. It then keeps resetting back to the wrong time. While this is frustrating, today's issue damaged my car! I've programmed both my garage door and driveway gate into the car's HomeLink. I pull up to the exterior side of the gate today and open the gate. Leaving the car running, I get out to retrieve the mail while the gate sits idle in the open position. I get back into the car and after about 10 seconds, start driving through the gate which somehow triggers the gate to close ON MY CAR, thankfully, I guess, striking the wheel and not the body. I have no electric eye on the gate. I touched no buttons. When I came to a stop the center button on the HomeLink was blinking until I pressed the gate button to test, at which time the blinking stopped and the gate functioned normally. Now I can never trust driving this car through this gate again as it's closing is totally inexplicable to me. Thank you for reading this and any help is appreciated!
Old 10-19-2023, 10:08 PM
Houpty GT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are in the wrong forum. This is the 911 forum. You need the 991 forum.
Old 10-20-2023, 12:29 AM
FrankMax
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Electronic Gremlins 991.2