Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New seatbelt sag?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2023, 07:52 PM
Greytoupee
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New seatbelt sag?

I just replaced my front seatbelts due to quite a bit of fraying on the originals. I installed the Rennline seatbelts and am a bit confused that they do not seem to retract all the way? They only retract to a point and then hang loose like the old belts did. Is that just as far back as they are supposed to go? Like they do not go back tight to the side of the wall.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:55 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 194 Likes on 153 Posts

Hi, welcome to Rennlist! What happens if you work the belt in and out of the retractor? Does it eventually retract fully?

I didn't find much on these seatbelts, but in this thread someone does complain about their retractors: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...lt-planet.html

Mark
Old 09-25-2023, 12:43 AM
Greytoupee
3rd Gear

Ah thanks I'll check it out. I tried to pull them slowly and very fast several times and they both stay the same. They go in to a certain point if you buckled them without a person in the seat they would only need to be pulled out a few inches. It's interesting because they both seem to have the same amount of slack so it's not like one is faulty but the other is not.

Last edited by Greytoupee; 09-25-2023 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:44 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by Greytoupee
I just replaced my front seatbelts due to quite a bit of fraying on the originals. I installed the Rennline seatbelts and am a bit confused that they do not seem to retract all the way? They only retract to a point and then hang loose like the old belts did. Is that just as far back as they are supposed to go? Like they do not go back tight to the side of the wall.
doesnt sound right to me , id call the vendor. My originals go back against the side of the car and fully rest without sagging.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:12 PM
Greytoupee
3rd Gear

FYI it was my fault. The seatbelts came with these brass colored plates. I assumed they should be wedged halfway through the spool so the top part with the nub went into the original hole that lines up everything but once I took that out there was enough room for the rest of the belt to retract. I just installed the brass plate as if it was a giant rectangular washer under the spool and everything worked fine.
Old 10-11-2023, 12:52 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by Greytoupee
FYI it was my fault. The seatbelts came with these brass colored plates. I assumed they should be wedged halfway through the spool so the top part with the nub went into the original hole that lines up everything but once I took that out there was enough room for the rest of the belt to retract. I just installed the brass plate as if it was a giant rectangular washer under the spool and everything worked fine.
nice

Quick Reply: New seatbelt sag?