911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Leland west insurance and Hagerty

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2024 | 01:33 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Not sure if Grundy is an option in Canada, I keep getting "403 Forbidden" trying to access their site... maybe a temporary issue.

Anyway, we have been on Hagerty for the 911 and the Boxster for many years, and the pricing has not gone up terribly, but I am not sure we are getting the sharpest deal. Communication has been very good though.

Ironman88, I originally saw your pics on the big photo thread, but seeing them again here reminds me how beautiful that car is. The perfect model year, and an amazing color combination, topped off by the matched wheel centers.
The following users liked this post:
Ironman88 (07-02-2024)
Old 07-03-2024 | 04:39 AM
silverlock
Instructor

Using Cincinnati Auto for my ‘78 SC at $90k agreed value. Provided a few recent (successful) auctions & sales for the $ value.

No mileage limit, no “single car garage” requirement — kept in 15-car private parking under my apartment building in NYC — and no requirement for a daily driver (!).

$1300/yr.

Can’t speak to claims but my broker (Taeschler in NJ) is great and used by my air-cooled indie for all of his personal cars.
Old 07-03-2024 | 01:45 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by silverlock
Using Cincinnati Auto for my ‘78 SC at $90k agreed value. Provided a few recent (successful) auctions & sales for the $ value.

No mileage limit, no “single car garage” requirement — kept in 15-car private parking under my apartment building in NYC — and no requirement for a daily driver (!).

$1300/yr.

Can’t speak to claims but my broker (Taeschler in NJ) is great and used by my air-cooled indie for all of his personal cars.
i think 90k USD for an SC is insane ... but end of that day it doesnt really matter.. you can get insurance for whatever coverage you like. you just have to pay the premiums for it .. as i think 1300USD for and occasional use SC is insane also .. i keep my value lower so i pay less premiums. But i did buy it almost 20 years ago and its a driver, not a show piece.
Old 07-03-2024 | 02:29 PM
silverlock
Instructor

Originally Posted by theiceman
i think 90k USD for an SC is insane ... but end of that day it doesnt really matter.. you can get insurance for whatever coverage you like. you just have to pay the premiums for it .. as i think 1300USD for and occasional use SC is insane also .. i keep my value lower so i pay less premiums. But i did buy it almost 20 years ago and it’s a driver, not a show piece.
The difference between $70k AV and $90k AV is a couple of hundred dollars a year. Between top end work, suspension, seats ($8k sports seats!), etc - replacing the car for $70k would be very hard.
Old 07-03-2024 | 04:18 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by silverlock
The difference between $70k AV and $90k AV is a couple of hundred dollars a year. Between top end work, suspension, seats ($8k sports seats!), etc - replacing the car for $70k would be very hard.
agreed if your plan is to replace should something happen .. i wouldn't.. id just move on.
Old 07-09-2024 | 03:34 PM
G50CabMiami
AutoX

Originally Posted by chuck v
You all getting letter Leland west is moving us to hagerty insurance. Their underwriter leaving car coverage. What’s people thoughts. Chubb, Porsche, usaa, others??
Hi!
USAA client here - USAA refers to American collectors insurance. I was able to get a discount (since I bank with USAA) and it was cheaper than Hagerty. Also, no deductibles and they give full agreed value for no extra charge a month
Old 07-12-2024 | 01:50 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chuck v
You all getting letter Leland west is moving us to hagerty insurance. Their underwriter leaving car coverage. What’s people thoughts. Chubb, Porsche, usaa, others??
I received same letter in July 2024, my policy runs out mid August. I called Hagerty and made some adjustments to their quote but I am still paying a bit more than I was with Leland West.

Old 07-21-2024 | 10:10 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

I’m a former Leland client that switched to Hagerty a while back and I prefer Hagerty. However I’ve found there are different policies and/or thresholds with Hagerty that seem to equate to different policies and pricing tiers all together. My og contact is gone. He was awesome. I don’t have experience with interfacing with them since he left. I just know Leland was a huge pita for adding cars. It was a shake down every time. Hagerty beat their rates as well. So who knows.
Old 07-22-2024 | 08:14 AM
Mlrjr
Rennlist Member

Default Grundy

Grundy has been very easy from the start with me. I had to send pics of the car inside and out and one pic of it in the garage. It is a stated value policy of $75k and is $430/yr. for 89 cab.
I also have a 1967 Dodge Polara wagon surf wagon on a stated value policy of $25k and it’s only $130 per year.
no mileage restrictions either.

Last edited by Mlrjr; 07-29-2024 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Leland west insurance and Hagerty