Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

NYC BBQ and Car Show.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 04:18 PM
Tommy B
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NYC BBQ and Car Show.

Hey Guys, before i owned a 911 i was into modifying VWs/Audis. Since it's still the same bloodline, my carclub AutoKrieg hasn't booted me out. We're going to be having a BBQ next week that usually pulls about 100 cars. Most likely the only 911s there will be mine and my buddies dad's track prepped 996.

I'd love to have some of you guys show up and start a little Porsche corner with me. Who knows maybe in a year or two we can take over

Here's the official info...

AUTOKRIEG's Dub & Grub 6 -- It's Back (5-29-04)

The Essentials
Date: Saturday May 29th
Time: 10:30 – 5:30
Purpose: Free BBQ and Car Show

The Hype

Like an ugly ex girlfriend, you can’t get rid of Autokrieg or our events. Dub & Grub 6 is everything you got last year and more. That’s right, more sponsors, more freebies, and bigger, heavier trophies. If you are asking what the hell is D&G, then you definitely need to make an appearance this year. The skinny – D&G is an entirely free event, though we ask people to bring food contributions, there is no spectator or show car fee. Leave your wax and tire shine at home because at D&G it’s more about hanging out and shooting the ish than it is about getting a farmers tan while you polish your downpipe.

The Sponsors (people giving you free stuff)

Mass Appeal Magazine
KCD
Red Bull Energy Drink
Jones Soda
Vitamin Water
Name Value Clothing
Converse Sneakers

More to Come…

Rules:

The Parks Department and the NYPD prohibit the use of alcohol inside the park. You drink, you take the risk.

DO NOT DRIVE INTO OR OUT OF THE PARK LIKE AN IDIOT. We have had this spot for 4 years now with out any problems. Don’t be the one to ruin that

Directions:

From points East:

Take the Grand Central Parkway to the Jackie Robinson Parkway to Exit 4 which is for Forest Park. At the end of the ramp, make a left at the stop sign towards Myrtle Ave/Woodhaven Blvd. Make a left at the intersection (next available left) Watch after two speed bumps, the bandshell will be on your left.

From points West:

Take the LIE (I-495) going East and get off Exit 19 (Woodhaven Blvd). Make a right and follow Woodhaven for about 1.5 miles. After the overpass look out for Myrtle Ave (There's a Shell gas station on the left and an Exxon gas station on the right). Stay on your right after Myrtle Ave; make a right at the next traffic light onto Forest Drive. Follow this about 1000 feet and make a right into the parking lot before bandshell.

From points North:

From the Tappan Zee Bridge, take the Cross Westchester East to the New England Thruway South (I-95) to the Throgs Neck Bridge. At the end of the Throgs Neck, look for the Clearview Expressway South. Do not confuse this with the Cross Island which also exits at the end of the bridge. Take the Clearview South, you will pass over the LIE (I-495), and continue to the Grand Central/Jackie Robinson Parkway interchange. You are looking to get on the Jackie Robinson Parkway West, not the Grand Central. Take it to Exit 4 which is for Forest Park. At the end of the ramp, make a left at the stop sign towards Myrtle Ave/Woodhaven Blvd. Make a left at the intersection (next available left) Watch after two speed bumps, the bandshell will be on your left.

Look for signs outside the park that will bring you into the area where we will be..
Old 05-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Tommy B
Instructor

Old 05-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Tom 77
Addict
Rennlist Member

Its a great BBQ

Quick Reply: NYC BBQ and Car Show.