911 C 2.7L

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2023, 09:22 PM
Joshua3m
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 C 2.7L

Hello ,

I did just get 911 2.7 Carrera for the full resto and I'm looking for some inspiration as I'm not sure if I want go stock and this same as manufacture car or do something more crazy.

1. wide body for sure it was in my mind and it's interesting option.
2. what max power i can get from 2.7 engline , planning to add turbo.
3. G body Carrera is for sure lovely car however I really love 964 and want build into RSR (maybe not engine as it cost so much )

Would you rather say stock in gray with Carrera sign on side of the car or you would go with widebody and RSR tribute?

Old 02-27-2023, 12:22 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

The 77 chassis are nice as they are light, and it's the last/best iteration of the 7R mag case. I am not sure on max output on a turbo here... I think if you want to turbo you may be better finding a 3 or 3.2 L case... and power can be in excess of 400 in street form, there is a guy here with one making like 450.

I have a built 1977 2.8L 7R engine in my 71, you can see link in my signature. on 'pump' gas with a steetable cam, 8k redline is about 240 wheel, ~280 crank. it's very drivable.
The engine can make more, with revs, higher compression race fuel, and a bigger cam. With the right components (for example, I have a custom forged crank, gt3 titanium rods, gt3 bearings, custom pistons based on gt3 design, custom cylinders, billet / light DLC coated rockers, etc etc. We basically put gt3 internals in an old case with a modern motec efi.

I think a cool car to build would be an RSR tribute of the era. From the IROC series.

Trust me, they are ALL expensive. Building a 2.7 vs. a 3.2 vs a 964 engine, about same, and the 2.7 maybe more as the case and mods needed to make it strong are $.

The following users liked this post:
Joshua3m (03-01-2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 07:54 PM
Joshua3m
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
The 77 chassis are nice as they are light, and it's the last/best iteration of the 7R mag case. I am not sure on max output on a turbo here... I think if you want to turbo you may be better finding a 3 or 3.2 L case... and power can be in excess of 400 in street form, there is a guy here with one making like 450.

I have a built 1977 2.8L 7R engine in my 71, you can see link in my signature. on 'pump' gas with a steetable cam, 8k redline is about 240 wheel, ~280 crank. it's very drivable.
The engine can make more, with revs, higher compression race fuel, and a bigger cam. With the right components (for example, I have a custom forged crank, gt3 titanium rods, gt3 bearings, custom pistons based on gt3 design, custom cylinders, billet / light DLC coated rockers, etc etc. We basically put gt3 internals in an old case with a modern motec efi.

I think a cool car to build would be an RSR tribute of the era. From the IROC series.

Trust me, they are ALL expensive. Building a 2.7 vs. a 3.2 vs a 964 engine, about same, and the 2.7 maybe more as the case and mods needed to make it strong are $.
I need admit that I really started thinking about RSR more then RS from 73. The only part which is rubbish is getting bigger engine as I don't see any below 15k , some already rebuild ones for 964 are for sale at around 40k which is insane.

Good side that I have already someone who sold me brand new titanium rods from GT3 at good price.

Pistons and everything else what kind of cost in looking ? For sure stupid question ( I'm not mechanic and never did anything around cars but love to do it) if I will get bigger block do I need everything else to match it or I can reuse some of the parts from 2.7?

For sure 300-350 at wheel will be more then enough for me.

Panels including quarrel panels would you use metal ones or fibre glass ?(are people doing quarter panels in carbon?) From who as well ? Dansk ?

Sorry for all this questions but it's my first build and I don't want have **** ups.
Old 03-13-2023, 03:53 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

That refreshed 3.6 for 40k will be less than your build. Ask me how i know….
The following users liked this post:
Ralph3. (03-13-2023)

Quick Reply: 911 C 2.7L