Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help! What was that?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Paulporsche
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! What was that?

While trying to track down a cold weather/cold start problem (on my 80 3.0L engine enlarged to 3.2 without emission controls) I reached behind the fuel distributor and found an electrical connection with what appears to be a broken wire. What was that? Is it my cold start valve, my auxiliary valve regulator, or is it just some sensor that I no longer need now that the emission controls are gone? Sorry for no picture. It's between the FD and the firewall pad. Thanks.
Paul
Old 05-15-2004, 02:38 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Paul:

Without knowing the color code of the wire in question or a good picture, its hard to precisely answer your question aside from an educated guess.,....

Does your car start OK from cold?

Does your car run OK otherwise?
Old 05-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Paulporsche
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

Thanks for responding. I think what I was referring is the connection behind the mixture control unit that controls the shutoff for the fuel pump in case the car turns over. Apparently this has no other function or can cause no start or run problems.

My only problem is a little bit of popoff valve popping and low idle speed at startup in cold (under 35F) weather. After reading through numerous threads here, I suspect my AAR, AAV and possibly the CSV. I have replaced the WUR which has solved all driveability problems. I have one more area to check: my points, as the car has the original distributor from the original 2.7L. The engine now in the car is a3L, enlarged to 3.2. When I get it figured out, I will repost and let everyone know.

With the much warmer weather we are now having, the car starts and runs like a champ!

Paul

Quick Reply: Help! What was that?