Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Identifying '70s & '80s 911 Body Modifications Please;

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 03:06 AM
G-Body
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Thought that I'd share a few pictures of the car with the wheels back on it... I've always loved that Penta design 5-spoke wheel on classic Mercedes-Benz models (like the 560 SEC, or on an older W124), but this 911 had them on there already when I bought the car (including the giant rear spacers.)

Somebody had plasti-dipped them before my ownership and they were peeling quite badly (as that stuff always seems to.) So, on a whim, I decided to just get the wheels blasted and powder-coated gold (until I could be trusted to make better decisions.)

Once the wheels came back and we installed them, I was smitten.

We got it running with the CDi rebuild and it ran fine, but the engine is back out of it now to install the full Rasant Products 6-ITBs and one of the custom cast GT3 intake plenum setups with a stand-alone engine management system (going with an Emtron...)

Got rid of everything analog, or mechanical like the CDi unit, ignition distributor, the CIS / fuel distributor and old air boxes, single throttle-body and tiny intake runners (in favor of 6 individual coil-on-plug units and the Rasant trigger wheel / crank trigger and cam sensor kit.) I'll post some pictures soon. Slick stuff.

Went to the dyno on the stock mechanical CIS and she laid down an earth-shattering 166 horsepower at the wheels. Other than the Rasant ITBs / GT3 plenums and stand-alone ECU, I'm not going to change anything before going back to the dyno. Same wheels and tires, same clutch and flywheel. Same cams. Same used 3.0 engine. Going back to the same dyno to see exactly what the ITBs and Emtron ECU has gained me.

Last edited by G-Body; 10-15-2023 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Identifying '70s & '80s 911 Body Modifications Please;