Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911SC Price

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 09:12 PM
bs951
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911SC Price

I have the opportunity to purchase a 911SC. See below for a brief description.

I am looking for some thoughts on ballpark price.

1978 911 SC Targa. Petrol blue with cork interior. 108k miles. Last ran 2 years ago. Stored in the garage. Motor turns over freely. Does not run. The “short” list of needs are a full fuel system refresh, replace all filters, full ignition refresh (has a PermaTune unit), valves adjusted, engine and trans fluid changes, brake system refresh, suspension refresh, new tires, paint correction, targa top rebuild, and I am sure a lot of “while you are there” repairs. Paint is in overall good condition. No rust. Interior also in good shape.

Second owner car. He has owned it for the last 30 years. Comes with service documents.

I suspect I will drop the engine and perform most of the work with the engine out. Perform paint correction. Restore targa top. Replace door seals. Replace other needed rubber parts. I will be performing the majority of the work myself.

So what do you think?

$28k - $32K??

Cheers.
Old 11-09-2022, 10:31 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,149 Likes on 823 Posts

id say 45K plus or minus. These are fantastic cars and super reliable once you get it tuned in, does not have the power of a 3.2 but also does not have those finicky issues the 3.2 has with dme relay, HTS issues, reference sensor issues etc. An absolutely solid car and being a 78 has the larger runners, no O2 sensor or lambda to deal with, not to mention valve guides. If the dilivar head studs have been replaced i would say you are golden.

Prices may Vary with region , paint condition and overall presentation.

Last edited by theiceman; 11-09-2022 at 10:33 AM.