911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1983 911SC Coupe Price

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004 | 08:09 PM
steve 82sc
2nd Gear

I spent some money and time on my 82SC, some issues arising from the previous owner's neglect and lack of regular maintainance, but not abuse. However, it was a solid car that had potential. After an engine rebuild, suspension upgrade, brake system rebuild, transmission rebuild, interior spruce-up and finally a glass-out thoroughly disassembled for repaint, it's back on the road. I know I probably have a little more into it than it's worth, but I plan on keeping it. At this point, I couldn't be more pleased with its appearance and performance. I live in Chicago, so the car sat in my garage all winter without a single drop of oil on the floor. My friend who oversaw this project has been a factory Porsche tech for 21 years and berates me at times for driving the car too gingerly. He agrees that regular usage and correct driving techniques are fundamental to the longevity of these cars.

Steve
Old 05-08-2004 | 01:11 PM
LakeCleElum
Intermediate

The oil puddle - In 1991, I upgraded from a 912 to a 911. Brought it home and the next day I checked the oil after it had been sitting overnight. I topped it off with 2 or 3 quarts, started it up and and of course had a very large puddle of oil under it. I suggest you ask the owner if someone as stupid as I was added oil before starting it up!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 1983 911SC Coupe Price