Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

For Sale: 1981 911SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy For Sale: 1981 911SC

Sadly, I have to sell this wonderful car . It is a pristine, 68,000 mile SC Coupe that I've owned 10 years. I bought it with 39,000 miles from the 2nd owner. It's Light Blue (Hellblau) Metallic with Dark Blue leather. The headliner is matching Dark Blue.

It is one of the best SCs in the country. I will be taking some digital pictures, but I only have some too large and not-very-good scanned pictures available at the moment. There is an ad in the classifieds.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:29 AM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ack! From your ad..."Not a car for track or autocross!"

Herr Porsche is rolling in his grave! What is a Porsche for, if not for sport? We do not have roads here on the East Coast to even begin to appreciate the goodness of a Porsche. The only places are race tracks or autocrosses.

Just busting your chops! I know what you meant, but I still cringe when a see a performance car being treated like a vintage Bentley.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drew,

Actually, I said it's not for somone looking for a track car or a daily driver, but I get your point. I probably do treat the car much as I would a vintage Bentley, but that's because the Bentley is a performance car also -- I'd drive it a lot and have a great time with it. That's what I've done with my Morgan.

I've thoroughly enjoyed driving my SC, averaging about 3,000 miles a year. I've also driven the Morgan over 40,000 miles and my 993 20,000 miles -- I definitely believe in using my cars. However, there are so few original, unmolested SCs left, I think this car is one that should be preserved -- driven, certainly, but not daily, in nasty weather, etc. I've tracked my 993, but the potential for pranging the car is very real. Of course, it's all too possible on the road as well. BTW, there are some great roads in this part of the country.

I'd like to see it go to someone who will drive it enough to keep it in great shape, but still preserve its low-mileage, unmolested status. There are so few SCs left like it.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1981 911SC