Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Cool Collar and Heatsheets

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 06:57 PM
JBO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool Collar and Heatsheets

I have a 1981 Targa with the trombone cooler in the front wheel well. Have not had overheating problems, but has anyone tried the Cool Collar and/or Heatsheets that Pelican sells? Do you recommend them?
Old 05-03-2004, 10:14 PM
ebsalem
Instructor

I've heard some anectodal stuff about the heat sheets helping.

The cool collar doesn't make much sence as it just radiates hotter air to the intake of the engine.

Your Milage May Vary,
e
Old 05-03-2004, 11:29 PM
raceman77
Advanced

two neat products but l question their value.Heetsheets? well sure they absorb some of the heat radiated from the exhaust, keeping it from reaching the valve covers,BUT when you`re moving there`s so much airflow under the car pulling that heat away anyhow.They can`t hurt though.Coolcollar?more cooling can`t hurt an air/oil cooled engine but if you`re running too hot and looking for a solution,well,l doubt you`ll see a dramatic lowering of temps with a heatsink like that.l have to say though that they`re both trick products and l considered buying them also.lnstead l had my valve covers ceramic coated to reflect heat and installed a front mount oil cooler to take the place of the fender mount.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:13 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

I would guess that Heetsheets might help with local heat issues at the valve covers, but probably not much for general oil cooling. The Compact Cooler by JMPro brings a much better version of the cool collar to the S hose down in the airflow. I'd guess it would work ten times better than a cool collar, but then it costs ten times as much, too.

If you're not having cooling problems, then you have nothing to fix. If you start to, I'd suggest a widemouth Carrera cooler from Elephant Racing.

Quick Reply: Cool Collar and Heatsheets