Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Shift Knobs

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 12:42 PM
Mlrjr
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Shift *****

I finally received my new shift **** from Built By Basil in the UK. He makes these out of old recycled skateboards. The craftsmanship is very impressive. I had been on the fence for a while but i just wanted to report.....its good stuff! Very easy to install. Matches my interior really well.
The following users liked this post:
Noah930 (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 01:02 AM
Noah930
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks great, and you're right--it matches very well.

I've been running one made by Dave Mason from 917shiftknobs. (I might have gone for the matte look personally, but it was a very thoughtful gift so I'm sticking with it.)

Mlrjr (08-25-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 10:45 AM
Mlrjr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Noah930
Looks great, and you're right--it matches very well.

I've been running one made by Dave Mason from 917shiftknobs. (I might have gone for the matte look personally, but it was a very thoughtful gift so I'm sticking with it.)

Looks great...i will check out his stuff!
Old 08-25-2022, 11:09 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

personally im a fan of the original black one and they are very hard to find now and are getting stupid expensive. I finally got one and am waiting on the crussh thing to install it ...

I ended up buying an entire shift lever in the housing used for 25 bucks at Hershey. All i wanted was the **** that was still on the end

guys selling the **** wanted over 100 USD , crazy.
The following 3 users liked this post by theiceman:
Mlrjr (08-25-2022), peterp (08-30-2022), Qtrfoil (09-27-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 11:15 AM
Mlrjr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
personally im a fan of the original black one and they are very hard to find now and are getting stupid expensive. I finally got one and am waiting on the crussh thing to install it ...

I ended up buying an entire shift lever in the housing used for 25 bucks at Hershey. All i wanted was the **** that was still on the end

guys selling the **** wanted over 100 USD , crazy.
So, When i was buying my car it showed in the pics it had the original ****. Albeit ragged, it looked awesome. When my car was delivered, it showed up with a newer plastic crappy ****. I was pissed. The broker sent me $50 to get a ****. I looked for months and finally settled on a aluminum Martini colored **** that was cool but just too small. I love the Built By Basil **** but i wished i had the original worn ****
Qtrfoil (09-27-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 11:19 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mlrjr
So, When i was buying my car it showed in the pics it had the original ****. Albeit ragged, it looked awesome. When my car was delivered, it showed up with a newer plastic crappy ****. I was pissed. The broker sent me $50 to get a ****. I looked for months and finally settled on a aluminum Martini colored **** that was cool but just too small. I love the Built By Basil **** but i wished i had the original worn ****

yeah you can bet someone took that **** before shipping your car, i dont blame you for being pissed.. 50 bucks wont buy one unless you are VERY lucky like i was .. took me hunting for 3 years to find it. The wood one matches your coco mats and interior very nicely, but its something i might expect to see on a 356 with matching wood wheel.
The following 2 users liked this post by theiceman:
Mlrjr (08-26-2022), Qtrfoil (09-27-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 11:24 AM
Mlrjr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
yeah you can bet someone took that **** before shipping your car, i dont blame you for being pissed.. 50 bucks wont buy one unless you are VERY lucky like i was .. took me hunting for 3 years to find it. The wood one matches your coco mats and interior very nicely, but its something i might expect to see on a 356 with matching wood wheel.
Agreed....I'm torn between customizing a little to make it mine or leave it alone. I am thinking of having my wheels powder coated gold and adding the script CARERRA down the side.
Old 08-25-2022, 12:35 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Mlrjr
Agreed....I'm torn between customizing a little to make it mine or leave it alone. I am thinking of having my wheels powder coated gold and adding the script CARERRA down the side.
nothing wrong with personalizing to your taste for sure .....
My buddy has an SC and put the Carrera script down the side and took off the SC badge. to be fair it does have a 3.2 transplant in it. I thought it was cringy as a Carrera can only be born one. but the script does look nice.
Mlrjr (08-25-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 12:55 AM
Noah930
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

Ooh. I'd be a bit pissed if a crappy looking **** showed up instead of what was in the pictures, Mlrjr.

The leather on my **** was starting to wear through, so I didn't mind swapping to an aftermarket one. I have a blue leather interior, so the leather match is an issue in replacing it. Maybe one day I'll get around to finding someone to recover the **** as well as my steering wheel.
Old 08-26-2022, 03:35 PM
Mlrjr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Noah930
Ooh. I'd be a bit pissed if a crappy looking **** showed up instead of what was in the pictures, Mlrjr.

The leather on my **** was starting to wear through, so I didn't mind swapping to an aftermarket one. I have a blue leather interior, so the leather match is an issue in replacing it. Maybe one day I'll get around to finding someone to recover the **** as well as my steering wheel.
Exactly....in the pics the original **** was rough. It had frayed leather for sure. I would love a Prototipo Momo steering wheel but i do not want a new one. It just wouldn't be right. Used ones are stupid expensive.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:11 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Shift ***** are a fun and easily reversible way to personalize your car. This one is a NOS AMCO shift ****; in real life it is perfect, though the iPhone photo makes it appear crappy. I also have a never-used NOS plain walnut AMCO ****.
The following 2 users liked this post by raspritz:
Mlrjr (08-29-2022), Qtrfoil (09-27-2022)

Quick Reply: Shift Knobs