Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Seat Pic Request

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2022, 06:08 PM
F1LOCO
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Seat Pic Request

So I picked up my 911SC today from having new GAHH covers/foams installed. However, not real happy in how they wrapped the passenger seat by the inside hinge. There is a single exposed vinyl edge and they were trying to tell me the "passenger seat" is different and that's how it is supposed to look. Can anyone with a SC take a photo and post of the passenger side hinge for me? I will be driving back out in the morning.

Attaching what I am talking about wherein I think flap 2 should have been behind flap 1. They are saying they can't just "unscrew" the hinge screw as it is welded? However, they certainly had to have it off at one point to do the wrap that is there.

Old 08-18-2022, 06:20 PM
F1LOCO
Advanced

And THEN they called back to say "that's how it was on the other seat cover they took off" because "the bolt was frozen" and they couldn't get it off - of course, they didn't bother to call to go over options at that point. Anyone dealt with the frozen bolt issue on a front seat hinge? Not even should how it goes together but guessing there is a nut in simply screws into?
Old 08-18-2022, 06:51 PM
F1LOCO
Advanced

I found a schematic and appears it is just a bolt that bolts into the frame? They mentioned something about "welded nut" however? Would have been nice to see what they were dealing with before assembly. Got some KROIL soaking in. Hoping to use a hammer/impact driver tomorrow to generate some movement, unless anyone else has some suggestions?
Old 08-18-2022, 09:37 PM
F1_lemans
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are two photos from an '81 911 SC. I had the seats recovered about six years ago, and they did a beautiful job -- makes the car feel brand new. I believe the upholstery people ordered a kit that was nearly a perfect match for the original. They did not have any troubles that they mentioned. I believe the bolt should come out and then the work can proceed as you expect.

Old 08-19-2022, 02:49 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,144 Likes on 818 Posts

i think those bolts are notoriously tight for obvious reasons .. i remember just giving up on mine. this is one of the few areas where you can not use the blue wrench.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:21 PM
F1LOCO
Advanced

Spoke to the installer today. Apparently welded nut has become unwelded from the frame but apparently has welded itself onto the bolt. Ordered two new bolts today and source a couple of nuts once I know the pitch/size. Always something.

Quick Reply: Seat Pic Request