Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Targa bar trim

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 10:26 AM
StanV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Targa bar trim

I hope the forum members can help me with one of those parts that's hard to identify.
I own an '82SC, and I noticed recently (when preparingto replace the Targa bar seal) that I have some trim missing on the passenger side of the targa bar: on the front of the vertical portion of the bar, partially obscured by the seal, are two holes, which on the driver's side are plugged (or fastened) with black screws with dime-sized Phillips-type heads. I have the PET CD, ordered what looked like the correct part, 900 143 038 02, which has a new part number now but the bottom line is that it's just a machine screw. There is another "thing" in the picture, a "ski rack screw", 901 801 153 40, but the resolution isn't such that I can see if that's what I need. Anybody have info? I am a 5 hour drive from the nearest dealer, otherwise I'd just drive in, point to it and ask what it is!

Thank you.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:37 AM
Tom F
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Go with the "ski rack screw." I just bought some, and they were the plastic screws to fill the holes that you described. I don't think they'll hold a ski rack, however.

Quick Reply: Targa bar trim