Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

need advice from all you porschephiles on this project idea

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 01:26 PM
R. Santore
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post need advice from all you porschephiles on this project idea

alright here goes.. I have a 1974 carrera, one of the original carrera's except it has a 3.2 RSR spec carb motor in it with 300HP.. the car was built for the track but i want something i can make a little more streetable.. here is the plan.. I am planning on sending the car to Steven Kasper at imagine auto to either sell the 3.2RSR in favor of a 3.2 turbo motor or build mine up to a 3.2 turbo with all new pistons, cam, etc.. I want a car that is fuel injected, something more drivable and steven said the finished project is going to be somewhere near 450HP which is fine.. my question is will this hurt the value of the car even more or is that not an issue since there is already a 3.2 in there? i have heard alot of good about Imagine Auto and i know he could do great work.. also what could a car like this appraise for with a motor like that in it?? it is in very good condition overall. Tell me what you guys would do if you had the money to spend!
Rob
Old 10-26-2001, 03:03 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't see how this would harm the value of the car for the reason you noted - the engine is already heavily modified. I assume you are considering swapping motors to a 3.3 liter 930 motor (or are you going to turbo the existing motor)?? If I were you and was looking for 450 HP I would be inclined to swap out the motor to a modified 930 motor with all the performance enhancements. If your current motor is in good shape I would presume you could get a good value for it. Stephen at Imagine should be able to give you a good solution for whatever it is you want. A 450 HP turbo motor in a 74 911 would be quite a car.

Quick Reply: need advice from all you porschephiles on this project idea