Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Cabriolet OEM - Convertible Top -- Burgundy??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 04:33 PM
jcurcio
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabriolet OEM - Convertible Top -- Burgundy??

Hello All,
Brand new here having recently purchased an 88 Cab. I am in need of a new top and wondering if anyone else out there has a cab with the original top in Burgundy.
Porsche has told me that my car was originally ordered with a Burgundy top ("color code V5 Burgundy"). This makes sense as interior is same. But car currently has faded brown top.
The tonneau cover is burgundy so I think it would make sense that original top was burgundy as well. My tonneau cover is in great shape so I think I should try to match this as close as possible.
Having said this, most resellers seem to only offer black, brown or blue for this era 32 cab, although I have found burgundy as special order. But I dont want to order it if it is not the correct color. So here's my questions for anyone how might be able to help:
1) Does anyone know if Sonnenland canvas in color "GR-1287 Claret" is a correct OEM match?
2) Does anyone out there have an original burgundy top, and if so, does it match exactly to the tonneau cover? If you could send a close up picture of the top that would be appreciated.
Any help is much appreciated!
Jim
Old 03-11-2022, 12:00 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by jcurcio
Hello All,
Brand new here having recently purchased an 88 Cab. I am in need of a new top and wondering if anyone else out there has a cab with the original top in Burgundy.
Porsche has told me that my car was originally ordered with a Burgundy top ("color code V5 Burgundy"). This makes sense as interior is same. But car currently has faded brown top.
The tonneau cover is burgundy so I think it would make sense that original top was burgundy as well. My tonneau cover is in great shape so I think I should try to match this as close as possible.
Having said this, most resellers seem to only offer black, brown or blue for this era 32 cab, although I have found burgundy as special order. But I dont want to order it if it is not the correct color. So here's my questions for anyone how might be able to help:
1) Does anyone know if Sonnenland canvas in color "GR-1287 Claret" is a correct OEM match?
2) Does anyone out there have an original burgundy top, and if so, does it match exactly to the tonneau cover? If you could send a close up picture of the top that would be appreciated.
Any help is much appreciated!
Jim
Ask them to send you a sample. That's what I did to be sure the brown top I ordered would match.
Old 03-11-2022, 09:14 PM
emac911
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered a black boot cover from Gahh and they sent me burgundy by mistake. It was a nice looking burgundy. I was very pleased with their quality and customer service. I am sure they would send a swatch.

Old 03-15-2022, 10:16 AM
jcurcio
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

parkerfe....Thanks. My problem is that I need burgundy top and existing top is brown, so I can't match to existing top. I can match to the burgundy boot I have, but it would be re-assuring to see some pictures of original burgundy tops out there (seem to be rare) to compare to my boot. I realize that I am being particular here but I want to get OEM if I can find it.

emac911....I was on Gahh website last week and they only listed typical brown, black and blue. Based on your note, I will reach out to them about burgundy. thanks.
Old 03-15-2022, 10:19 AM
emac911
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jcurcio
parkerfe....Thanks. My problem is that I need burgundy top and existing top is brown, so I can't match to existing top. I can match to the burgundy boot I have, but it would be re-assuring to see some pictures of original burgundy tops out there (seem to be rare) to compare to my boot. I realize that I am being particular here but I want to get OEM if I can find it.

emac911....I was on Gahh website last week and they only listed typical brown, black and blue. Based on your note, I will reach out to them about burgundy. thanks.
I would reach out to them, as I am 99% sure they sent me a burgundy boot. My eyes are bad.....but not that bad, yet

Quick Reply: Cabriolet OEM - Convertible Top -- Burgundy??