911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Radiator and ECU porsche 911

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2022 | 11:53 AM
jamesnoland911s

Default Radiator and ECU porsche 911

When the 997.2 came out I was surprised by the absence of the center radiator on PDK cars and more recently on X51 cars. 996 and 997 Tip and powerkit cars had it.

Personally, I would have liked my car to have this extra cooling, even for my peace of mind.

I don't track the car but I did mountain ascents at near 40 degrees centigrade in the summer without any overheating warnings.
One may never get an official statement on why it was added , whether for engine/PDK/driveshaft/diff cooling or all of the above , so as to keep '09 and '10 owners from worrying/obsessing about a specific component 's wear. and i am not too worried considering i purchased a extended auto warranty on my car. which i very much recommend to all. if you are out of your manufacture warranty look in to ASE auto warranty. The company had replaced my actuator and main ECU for me. on the car at my local Porche dealership ASE auto warranty is a very reputable company that i was recommended by a good buddy and they actually work with all Porsche dealerships across the country.

james N
Old 01-29-2022 | 10:57 AM
TheTorch
Burning Brakes

reported.

Spammers are not even trying these days. https://www.rennteam.com/forum/page1.html?vs=3#post18

Quick Reply: Radiator and ECU porsche 911