Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Valuation question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2022 | 05:10 PM
Cantplankwell
Cruisin'

Default Valuation question

Came across a 1973 911T, true mileage unknown...does it even matter at this point?
It is intact with a straight body, some minor dents and surface rust from the looks of the picture
Complete running but non matching numbers engine.....in "Unkown" conditon..so potentially a lot of work there.
Bumper assembly is not original, original is missing.
Not the original color...it needs to be stripped and painted.
Engine deck lid is not original, original is missing
Interior is in poor shape, seats are not original
Trunk floor is rotted out, others may need repair.

So a project car that is nowhere near ready to put on the road.
What is something like this worth?

Old 01-18-2022 | 08:18 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

got any pics?
Old 01-19-2022 | 10:56 AM
Cantplankwell
Cruisin'

I figured it out, I contacted the dealer and got the price, they are asking $48K USD or so. (MB Vintage)

Heart of the matter is how reasonable is that? and is that typical of what an outsider such as myself will find as time goes on?

Also found out through my patrols of one of the other enthusiast websites, that it maybe was a find that has changed hands a couple of times recently ending up with this dealer.

Point is moot now I suppose, I think that would be a very firm price I am guessing.

Old 01-19-2022 | 12:26 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

def something not right about that car (is it the white one?)... easily $30K to get it right, at that price point you can prob find one that is more original and less work. The history is def highly questionable....
Old 01-19-2022 | 12:55 PM
Cantplankwell
Cruisin'

Yes the white one!
Old 01-19-2022 | 09:00 PM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm sure you could do a lot better, even in you want a long-hood it will be cheaper for you to find a better car and pay more than to fix this up. It needs a lot.

Not sure what is going on with that engine. The intake is CIS (that was first used in late 1973 on the 911T) but in 1972 all the cars were mechanical injection. I don't think you can take the CIS injection off a 1973 911T and put it on a 1972 engine and expect it to work right.

Really questionable....

Mark
Old 01-20-2022 | 11:11 PM
junkman300sd
Track Day

That's not even close to reasonable. I'm in at under $40k and don't have any issue I can't fix myself. These things eat $1,000 bills for lunch buying parts.
You have to be willing to travel unless you live in a big city with lots of sunshine but good cars are out there.
It's worth more than mine if it were fixed because it's older and a T but you won't make money fixing it at that price and it needs more than you see now. I'd want to buy it cheap and then only if that was my only project.

I do have my eye on a similar year but have dealt with the guy before and know that he doesn't keep his word and any transaction has to be cash and carry. He wants to fix it and sell it but the quality of work isn't there. I'm waiting for his price to drop now that I've bought my 1st one and become hardened.

Last edited by junkman300sd; 01-20-2022 at 11:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Valuation question