Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

What is it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 10:41 AM
David0514
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post What is it?

Under the hood, there is a opening that is slighlty to the right of center (passenger side, toward the dashboard of the car. When I open cover that is on hinges to look inside there is a large black plastic thing that I am not quite sure what it is. There are some wires that go to it. It looks like some type of blower motor. What is it, and when I reconnect the battery I hear a click coming from that area. Should there be a click when the battery is reconnected? I am trying to find a short and wondering if this could have something to do with it.
Thanks.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:36 PM
H. D. Smith
Instructor

Fan motor system/thermostat for the AC system. Your car does have AC? This is controlled by a switch on the dash, so if the switch is on then you would hear it and feel the air blowing in the cabin. I removed my AC system, but retained this assembly and use it for fresh air. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:20 PM
David0514
Racer

Do you know if that should click when I connect the battery back up? Something is going on at connection. I can hear a noise and feel the ping as it happens if I put my hand on the plastic blower housing that is exposed. So something is going on in there I am just not sure if it should and I do not have my wiring diagram handy at the moment. I did have ac, I removed the ac motor and bracket in the engine compartment and the coil thingy that use to hang from the engine lid. Do you know if the a/c should able to turn on without the key turned to an off position?
Thanks for your help. Beautiful car by the way, checked out your website.

Quick Reply: What is it?