Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Flashing brake light 911 T

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:42 PM
dan3035
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing brake light 911 T

I have 1971 911T and the red flashing brake light in the oil pressure / temp gage (to tell you the hand brake is on) will not go off when the hand brake lever is off in the down position. Can anyone tell me where the switch/sending unit is located so I can save a day looking for it. The on and off blinking noise is coming from behind the gages in the front trunk area. Can I just take the fuse out.? ??
This is a GREAT form. Thanx in advance. Dan / Canada
Old 04-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Pat S
Track Day

It's at the back of the e-brake hadle. If you pull up the rubber cover you should see a small screw on the side. This is the adjustment screw to set where the light turns on/off.

To set properly, pull the e-brake up one click, turn on the key. Adjust the set so the light is off then bring it up just until the light comes back on. Tighten it, and then drop the brake handle to make sure the light goes off. Repeat as required.

If you really want to disconnect it, you can remove the e-brake housing and remove the wire that enters from the rear. You can tape it off and it won't function at all.

Pat
Old 04-13-2004, 02:00 PM
billwagnon
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I replaced my master cylinder I got the same flashing light - there's a small plastic pin on the side of the master cylinder (remove the belly pan) that you have to push in to reset.

I don't get any light at all ever for the parking brake but mine is a '73.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:26 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, you may have a brake problem in the hydraulics that is causing the light. make sure all is normal there. Don't just assume E-brake switch.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:55 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,484 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat S
It's at the back of the e-brake hadle. If you pull up the rubber cover you should see a small screw on the side. This is the adjustment screw to set where the light turns on/off.

To set properly, pull the e-brake up one click, turn on the key. Adjust the set so the light is off then bring it up just until the light comes back on. Tighten it, and then drop the brake handle to make sure the light goes off. Repeat as required.

If you really want to disconnect it, you can remove the e-brake housing and remove the wire that enters from the rear. You can tape it off and it won't function at all.

Pat
** edit: ended up getting answers on the Pelican forums. **

Pelican thread

I’ll definitely be spending more time over there for everything longhood.

Last edited by smiles11; 10-13-2021 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:25 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts

no offense t anyone here but i have to say the knowledge has gone from this site. Steve W , Pete Z and the like dont even come here anymore. Pelican is where it is at for Air cooled help.

Quick Reply: Flashing brake light 911 T