Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Webers and restoration

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 11:00 AM
cale
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Webers and restoration

I am looking at a 73 911 E and during the engine rebuild for the restoration the owner switched to Webers along with some other engine mods. (Heads were ported to S spec's, bench flowed and flycut to raise compression. Also, cams were upgraded to S spec.)

What can I expect with this type of mod to the engine? If the work was well done I much appreciate having someone else do it, but can I use it to negotiate down on price due to non-stock setup?

Additionally, during the restoration the front pan was replaced using Restoration Design. Has anyone heard of them? I am just trying to get an idea of the quality of the restoration / rehabilitation of this car.

Thanks guys.

Jeff
Old 04-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Having the original MFI on a '73 911E is essential to some buyers, and a Weber conversion would be considered a bargaining point, lessening the value of the car. However, if it was done well, the conversion to S specs would make this a very nice engine, just not "original" equipment.

Restoration Design (http://www.restoration-design.com/) makes replacement sheetmetal for many Porsche models. I have heard nothing but good things about the quality of their pieces. I don't think they do the actual installation/welding work, however, so the quality of the front pan repair would be dependent on the skill of the installer.

HTH,
TT
Old 04-08-2004, 06:34 PM
cale
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom:

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Webers and restoration