CIS Problems, HELP!! PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 12:46 PM
ZLP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CIS Problems, HELP!! PLEASE!!!

Posted in 930 Forum
Anyone who can help me,

I left my house this morning to go to work and my car was working fine. Started up like normal and drove normal. After a few minutes I was about 2 1/2 miles away from my house pulling out of my neighborhood and my car dies. I start it up again and begin to accelerate and a few seconds later the same thing. It is not a complete fuel cut because it doesn't just die, it kind of trickles down until it dies and doesn't let me give any throttle input at all. I had to limp it back to my house starting it up and dying (good thing I didn't get too far). I started it up and just let it idle and it did for about 30 seconds then died. When I got back I called up a friend of mine and he said that it was probably the fuel filter being clogged or something. I had a spare filter at my house so I let the car cool then I threw it on. I took it for a spin around the block and everything was running great. I threw some revs and boost at it and it was fine. But as I returned to the front of my house it died again, same ****. I checked and there are no vacuum/boost leaks, the car is definately getting fuel because it ran great for the first few minutes, it is not misfiring so the ignition is good. What could it be? It runs fine until the engine starts to warm up and gets close to operating temp!! Stephen?????? Steve????????? You guy know your ****, please help!!
Old 04-07-2004, 01:17 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Zach.... had a similar thing with my 79... there is some kind of pressure regulator or something that was failing.... not an expert by any means.... all I really remember was that it cost mucho dollars and the car ran great afterward...
Old 04-07-2004, 01:56 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Zack... sorry... got through the cobwebs in my brain... the problem I was having was that on warm start, the pressure regulator could not maintain sufficient pressure to start the car.... cold start was fine, since the cold start circuit supplied the fuel.... once running the car would continue to run ok... so not quite the same symtoms...
Old 04-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Noel
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

CHeck your fuel pressures. Sounds like a possible fuel pump issue. Does it always start right back up?
Old 04-07-2004, 02:28 PM
ZLP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See the thing is that my car won't run hot at all. It will run for a few seconds then die. I even let it idle to try and warm it up to full operating temp but it would just idle for almost a minute then die out.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:50 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Exact same thing happened with my 87 930. It would start and idle, but when I tried to move, it would die. It was a bad fuel pump (one of two).

Mike

Quick Reply: CIS Problems, HELP!! PLEASE!!!