Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Potential relocation...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2021 | 04:57 PM
Cloggie
Burning Brakes

Holy merde!

Over $6600 USD to get it ready for the Swiss.....

By the way, that 4 car stack looks scary, boats DO sway a lot.....
Old 05-12-2021 | 12:55 PM
dinnyin
Advanced

I know, right? Apparently they ship hundreds of cars stacked like that each year, but I'm not really feeling it, esp. without a cost savings.

The 6kCHF registration scheme seems suspect to me, but what do I know? That company is primarily a car dealer. Every other statement they make is how difficult and ill-advised importing a car is (you must have european plates, you can't sell it for a year, swiss inspection is difficult, etc. etc.). Feels like they're setting up the pitch that "it's cheaper and easier to just buy a car from us."
Old 05-12-2021 | 01:08 PM
Cloggie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dinnyin
I know, right? Apparently they ship hundreds of cars stacked like that each year, but I'm not really feeling it, esp. without a cost savings.

The 6kCHF registration scheme seems suspect to me, but what do I know? That company is primarily a car dealer. Every other statement they make is how difficult and ill-advised importing a car is (you must have european plates, you can't sell it for a year, swiss inspection is difficult, etc. etc.). Feels like they're setting up the pitch that "it's cheaper and easier to just buy a car from us."
I think Google will be your friend. I wonder if importing it to the Netherlands and then driving to Switzerland might be easiest. I think you can get a 6 month tag and then you can go and check on licensing requirements.

There were very few differences between Swiss standards and the rest of Europe, all of the civilized parts of the EU require full inspections and they are not tolerant of any rust or safety issue, complete with tires being less than 6 years old, new wiper blades etc etc. I would be really surprised if there was any work that required that much money to convert a Euro car to be licensed there....not making sense at this point.
The following users liked this post:
dinnyin (05-17-2021)
Old 05-13-2021 | 01:46 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

I don't get this thread. Unless it's a family heirloom, no matter how much you love it, IT'S JUST A CAR. And there are about 100 gadzillion fabulous cars out there. Too many cars, too little money, too little time.....
Old 05-13-2021 | 01:50 PM
Cloggie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by raspritz
I don't get this thread. Unless it's a family heirloom, no matter how much you love it, IT'S JUST A CAR. And there are about 100 gadzillion fabulous cars out there. Too many cars, too little money, too little time.....
I have 20 years work into my car, right from junker to jewel. I would rather part with my right nut than my car at this point.....plus, if you are determined to have a classic 911, they are getting harder and harder to find in Europe - between tinworm and the fact that they generally drive the bag off of them and they plain wear out.

Check out Greasy Fingers on YouTube for a living example of what European cars face.....great channel to follow too.
The following users liked this post:
dinnyin (05-17-2021)
Old 05-15-2021 | 11:55 AM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

envious here. enjoy! : )

Quick Reply: Potential relocation...