Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Porsche Dealership #1223 (Indiana)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 12:14 AM
randyrap
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Dealership #1223 (Indiana)

I've been told that my car originated from Porsche dealership #1223, but Porsche America says that dealership is no longer in business and they do not know where it was. I think it was in Indiana and was there in the early 80's. Can anyone confirm this for me? I'd like to get the complete history on my car. I sent for the ''Certificate of Authenticity'' and it came back with little info. No info on the birth date or MRP.

thanks in advance ...................................... Randy
Old 03-31-2004, 09:12 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think there used to be a dealership in Indy called Gigante or something like that. I believe my indie mechanic used to work for them. Contact Terry Heath at Euromotorks ( http://www.euromotorworks.com/index.html ), he might be able to answer more questions on that.

Tell him Doug Cole said hi!

Old 03-31-2004, 09:14 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

...oh, hey, it's right there in the text of that website...

"Terry and Gloria Heath opened Euro Motorworks, Inc. on August 1, 1993. Both were previous employees of Giganti Porsche Audi VW, the premier Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen franchise in Indianapolis for thirty-some years. Terry had been the Shop Forman there since 1980 and Gloria had spent a couple of years in sales.

During the summer of 1993 Russ Giganti decided to retire and sell the business to Tom Wood, Inc. Not wishing to make that transition, Terry decided it was finally time to realize a long time dream and go out on his own...."

He still might be able to help you more with the history of your car.

Quick Reply: Porsche Dealership #1223 (Indiana)