Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Shop for Alignment? Augusta or Upstate SC

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 09:21 PM
quakerJacket
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop for Alignment? Augusta or Upstate SC

Doing light restoration of my '79 SC in Augusta and planning on driving it back to Chicago through Greenville, SC in about a month. Getting new tires in Augusta and wondering about getting an alignment before I leave or along the way.

Searched through the archives, but does anyone know of a good alignment in the area? Charleston is the wrong direction, as is Charlotte. Greer is an option, but is a bit out of the way as well. I'll be stopping at my Sister's house near Clemson.

Second question is whether you think I need an alignment anyway, at least right away... I've had the car for 20 years, not driven it much for a variety of reasons, and the alignment doesn't seem bad, but it's never been done on my watch and I will be driving some pretty good roads on the way back ....

Thanks,
Joe
'79 SC
'96 c4 Cab

Old 02-03-2021, 10:00 AM
stlrj
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"...you think I need an alignment anyway, at least right away... I've had the car for 20 years, not driven it much for a variety of reasons, and the alignment doesn't seem bad, but it's never been done on my watch and I will be driving some pretty good roads on the way back ...."

Only if your suspension has been lowered or you're having issues, otherwise, leave it alone.

Quick Reply: Shop for Alignment? Augusta or Upstate SC