911sc bumper/nose job

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 01:38 PM
kyle robert moore
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 911sc bumper/nose job

aloha,

my sc is about to get a resto and i am considering getting a product from vertex automotive called the rs yellow bird nose. it looka a bit like a c2 bumper cover. my intentions are to get rid of fron bellows, the smile and a lower valance, as my car would require replacement of all the aforementioned products. it seems it will be less expensive to get this product vice, valance, spoiler, smile, bellows.

i understand that ruf once made a product like this and one of the members here has it on his car. does anyone have suggestions for a similar product?

kyle
Old 03-22-2004, 07:42 PM
agentpennypacker
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the Ruf product is very expensive (in the $2400 range).

I'm going to get a light bumper for my carrera soon. www.GT-racing.com has lots of pictures and products.

no affiliation.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 389 Posts

The Ruf front bumper cap has been copied by many. Here is mine

These are not to be confused w/ the similar Ruf valances which only replace the stock valance under the front bumper and retain the bellows et al. The Ruf valance was poly-urethane.

The original Ruf parts were fiberglass and quite expensive. There are many sources of replica pieces. I bought mine from BW Motorsports and am quite happy w/ them.

The Ruf p/u valances incorporated a chin spoiler as a part of the valance. The bumper caps used a separate rubber chin spoiler bolted on as pictured here,

Quick Reply: 911sc bumper/nose job