Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Help with pricing an '86 Concours Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 11:11 AM
illerucis
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by raspritz
This thread has a strange vibe. The OP came in here "asking for help with pricing" an ultra-low mileage concours car. If you are in that rarified collector market, you are presumably willing to pay the very substantial premium such time-capsule cars command. If you are looking for an exceedingly nice driver, you are not in that rarified collector market and you are not willing to pay that premium. You need to figure out which you are.
I never said I wasn't willing to pay the premium, I just want to know what that premium is. Every car has a fair price.

Also, it doesn't matter what I'm going to use the car for. I have a concours example that was presented to me, and I intend to drive it and not add it to a museum collection.

Last edited by illerucis; 11-10-2020 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:46 AM
illerucis
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cairo94507
I agree that f the car truly is Concours quality, $85 is a deal. But we would need pictures to determine that. We have all talked to the seller who claims immaculate, original, perfect condition to arrive and see a total and complete mess. Not saying that is the case with the OP's post, but I believe in doing the homework and seeing the car in person.
100%

I'm getting photos this week. So far I'm working off the fact that the guy selling the car is a well-known client of a Porsche mechanic / dealer whom I'm good friends with. Tons of unknowns, but just trying to get a ballpark sense of what a car like this would go for. It seems like the asking price is directionally reasonable.

Quick Reply: Help with pricing an '86 Concours Coupe?