Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Shifter change

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 07:57 PM
racngrn
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Shifter change

Hi all. I am back after a 5 year diversion and have purchased a very nice 85 911 Coupe. My prior 84 Targa was an outstanding car, but the Coupe is all that and then some. The car runs extremely well and has had several upgrades, some of which I like, some that will go back to stock. One of these is the WEVO Classic shifter. I am not loving the small gate, as compared to the 84 stock shifter, though I know many 911 folks love the WEVO. I want to put the original shifter back in and wonder if I can do that without completely removing the center console and the wiring/AC connections. Can I remove the various screws and lift it toward the front of the car to clear the shifter, then bolt in the original unit ( which was retained complete with a donor shifter serving to do the WEVO conversion. Pretty easy swap)? Thanks for your help and it is great to be back. Steve
Old 08-17-2020, 08:50 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

I am not sure if you can do that or not but the console is quite easy to remove so I would not be to concerned over it. I have taken my console out without any issues so dont let that be the determining factor on making the swap or not.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:35 PM
archstanton
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 86 I'm able to get the console up & over the shift lever by just unscrewing the base and removing the passenger foot well board to allow more mobility of the wiring harnesses.

Quick Reply: Shifter change