Frunk storage solutions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 03:57 PM
Scotty2H
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Frunk storage solutions

Hi all,

Getting a little annoyed with my frunk organization. Have some motor oil, funnel, rags, quick detailer, tool kit, etc., floating around which is a good description because it's all over the place. Curious as to other solutions for this area. Trunk boxes from my other cars don't fit, too tall. Wondering if anyone has found something clever?

Old 07-30-2020, 04:23 PM
Ctopher
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty2H
Hi all,

Getting a little annoyed with my frunk organization. Have some motor oil, funnel, rags, quick detailer, tool kit, etc., floating around which is a good description because it's all over the place. Curious as to other solutions for this area. Trunk boxes from my other cars don't fit, too tall. Wondering if anyone has found something clever?
I use a blipshift 710 oil case and a Porsche Boxter oil case found on eBay. They are roughly the same size and hold a couple of microfiber towels and a sample size sprayer with some quick detailed.

CTopher
Old 07-30-2020, 04:44 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,142 Likes on 816 Posts

i keep my compressor and a quart of oil in the smugglers box. same quart has been there 15 years, never needed it. oh wait .. same with the compressor. i think i did inflate a kids bike once.

i dont keep much else in there... do you need to pull over to the side of the road and detail your car ?? not me , its a driver....

i keep a collapsible chair now for my social distancing get togethers, that's about it , i can pretty it up at home.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:14 PM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

I just don't see any reason to carry oil. The motor is fine as long as oil pressure is high, and it can lose several qts. before that happens.

Your F. susp. tie bar partitions off some useful space. I put some old LL Beans shoulder bags there, and they perfectly.

Jam the tool kit as far forward as possible.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:19 AM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

I carry an original tool kit, an original jack and lollipop, a few extra selected wrenches, and a kit of key replacement parts that could leave me by the side of the road (plugs, points, condenser, coil, distributor cap, rotor, fuel pump, fan belt). All of these things tuck nicely in front of the spare tire. Oh yes....and my Triple-A card.....
Old 08-02-2020, 09:41 AM
dhc3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Smaller closed bags similar to Ctopher's pics to carry whatever you need. And I always carry a spare DME relay...

Quick Reply: Frunk storage solutions