Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

chain ramp install

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 04:57 PM
blabla914
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chain ramp install

OK, so I've got my 2.0L 6 long block all together except the very last chain ramp in the tensioner housing on the 1,2,3 side. I'm using the hard plastic ramps first introduced on the '76 930. I've managed to get all the others in no problem, but this one is giving me a real problem. I already broke the retention doohicky off of one ramp. I don't see anything different between the posts on the 1,2,3 side and the 4,5,6 side, but it just won't go on.

My 911 factory manual for '67-'72 only shows how to install the ramps with the wire in the bottom. My up to '83 factory manual has no text on ramp installation. Bruce Anderson's book has a nice comparision of the different ramps types, but also no text on installation.

So WTF am I doing wrong? I mean there's just no room to pry apart the flipping retention doohicky. The best idea so far suggested by a friend is to heat the ramp in some hot water. I'd prefer to hear from somebody who's done this installation before instead of re-inventing the wheel.

Kelly
Old 03-14-2004, 12:13 PM
DGaunt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gee Kelly, I've done this a few times and had no problem. Try Light tapping, concentrating the force right over the pin. This IS odd...

Quick Reply: chain ramp install