Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Want to test a new Rennlist Site..???

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 08:19 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Post Want to test a new Rennlist Site..???

Hi folks,

Finally - in anticipation of some great things to come in the near future - I think I'm just about ready to bring a new server on-line with some new codes/programs. But, if you would like to take a look and try a new Rennlist Member site - please try out the Rennlist Member Photo Gallery.

I have put in a universal username/password for right now, so you can try uploading and creating your own Photo Gallery. It is:

username: member
password: member

If you would like, and you are a Rennlist Member - when this server and code cuts over into it's final format, I can preserve the album you create now. Anyway - a couple of features...

- You can upload right from your browser - either individual pictures or a ZIP file which contains your photos. If you upload a ZIP file - the program will automatically unzip it and render the photos (it saves time when uploading);

- Once uploaded - you have complete control of your gallery - resize, add photo comments, add new photos, delete your photos, flip or rotate your uploaded photos, etc.;

- You can add a link in your messages to a URL which will take folks directly to your album;

- You can create "sub-albums" - which is a photo album in your album;

- From a user perspective - it's pretty cool. They can view your photos as thumbnails; full page - or even a slideshow - where you control the effects;

- I am working on a segment that will allow folks to make comments about your photos right in the pages;

- Additionally - I'm working on modifying a Java Program that the core program uses - so you can add photos by dragging and dropping right from your desktop (It’s part of the distribution I’m using – but it doesn’t work 100% of the time yet, For example, it's not working well under Netscape 7.0 (earlier releases of NS/Mozilla are fine - as most Mac and Linux browsers that are Java VM enabled).

- And yes - I'm trying to tie this into the Rennlist Discussion Forum Login - but it's a different server, so I'm trying to pull (with rsync as a cron - if you care ) your current Rennlist Info over...

Anyway - have fun..!!! Please - please - even during this phase of testing - please all I ask is that you keep your albums in good taste and try to keep the photos related to Porsche enthusiasts and cars Also, if you are NOT a Rennlist Member - I can't guarantee that your album will remain after the Beta testing period during the next few days.

Oh yea - the site can be found at (and yes, the menu items will change when this goes live - as will the sidebar/header color codes) <a href="http://gallery.rennlist.com" target="_blank">Rennlist Photo Gallery</a>

Have a blast,

John D.

Quick Reply: Want to test a new Rennlist Site..???