Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Discounts at Drivers Events.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 04:16 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts
Question Discounts at Drivers Events.....

I am trying to pole the sentiment of some of you that go to drivers events.

If you could get 50 or 100 dollars of a drivers event in exchange for sitting down for one hour in an investment seminar would you do it?

If you could choose the topic of the investment seminar would that help?

And would you take the lecture seiously or would just use it for the discount?
Old 01-15-2002, 04:45 PM
BER
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

I would have no interest in such a scheme.

BR
Old 01-15-2002, 07:34 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ian,

At the track I want to think only about the track conditions, my car and my driving.

For me, at least, track time requires alot of concentration; I really don't want to screw up (and, even not wanting to doesn't always help). A hour-long pre-track talk about anything other than the track (local knowledge), driving technique and that day's event(s) just would not appeal to me personally.

Richard
'87 Carrera 3.6L
Old 01-15-2002, 07:48 PM
David McAlexander
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Rarely do smart money managers pay for the priviledge of giving me quality investment advise - it is usually the other way around.

I suppose I would value the advise at about what I paid for it. That said, If you want to subsidize my habit, go to it, just don't expect the same in return!
Old 01-15-2002, 08:09 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts
Rarely do smart money managers pay for the priviledge of giving me quality investment advise - it is usually the other way around
I do agree with this statement for the most part, but young money managers from small companies have to find unique ways to become known in the market place. This is regardless of how smart they may be.I have a few clients who are as into cars as I am, it makes for a good client / broker relationship when it can be based on a friendship as well as a business partership.

At the track I want to think only about the track conditions, my car and my driving.
I also agree with this, which is why I was thinking about doing it the night before at the hotel. But again, I'm just looking for ideas.

But the sentiment seems to be, I would go but I would not listen. And that is why I thought I would ask first. I am not about to pay for anyones track habit just out of good will. Paying for track time is hard enough as is.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:33 PM
Reg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd never do that!

My secratary got a free nite somewhere and a meal to sit thru some timeshare thing.

I took her as being cheap for looking for a free weekend, as she'd never intend to bite on the timeshare. LOL

Notfor me thanks!

If someone has to give something away to try to get something, how good can it be?

Quick Reply: Discounts at Drivers Events.....