911, 2010 cabriolet turbo roof problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 12:48 PM
rahulsingh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 911, 2010 cabriolet turbo roof problem

Hi everyone,
My roof was not going up as one of my roof hydraulic cylinder was leaking, to confirm it I filled some Porsche transmission oil in reservoir & now roof was going up.i operated it successfully 5-6 timea. So I ordered new cylinder & replaced it & filled correct oil..
Now I tried to close the roof it closed properly & latch is locking but it is not opening now, fault appears as " roof limit not reached & roof fault" in cluster. Now everytime I tried to open/ close with switch fault is appearing but it is neither opening more closing & motor is not working. I got a tester from my friend tried to calibrate it & during calibration motor works but latch is not opening, now if I try to manually open the latch & lift roof a bit, than try to calibrate the system, it closes & latch closes the roof properly,but not opening & calibration becoming unsuccessful....
any idea what may be wrong ?
Thanks
Old 12-30-2019, 03:21 PM
rahulsingh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully it may help someone... I found the problem. At the left side of car, there is a potentiometer next to hydraulic cylinder, which was not working fine & one of microswitch at roof console was bad..
fixed these two, problem gone.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:00 PM
HkPlinker
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 106 Posts

You might want to move this thread to the 997 forum
The following users liked this post:
rahulsingh (01-10-2020)

Quick Reply: 911, 2010 cabriolet turbo roof problem