Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Consignment - maybe or maybe not.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 09:24 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I'll give another vote of confidence for Paul at Autokennel as well. He really knows the Porsche market well and cars he takes on consignment tend to sell quickly. He's a complete straight shooter that is good for both buyers and sellers.

Phil
Old 12-29-2019, 10:09 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
I'll give another vote of confidence for Paul at Autokennel as well. He really knows the Porsche market well and cars he takes on consignment tend to sell quickly. He's a complete straight shooter that is good for both buyers and sellers.

Phil
Makes me feel confident from what everyone has to say about Paul, that I am making a good decision.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:26 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by bcgreen
Makes me feel confident from what everyone has to say about Paul, that I am making a good decision.
If you do decide on him let us know when he has your car, I'd love to go see it! Paul always has a bunch of eye candy around the shop...
Old 01-02-2020, 12:43 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Originally Posted by Spyerx
If you do decide on him let us know when he has your car, I'd love to go see it! Paul always has a bunch of eye candy around the shop...
There is a possibility that I might be in the Phoenix area during the winter, and I would like to know if there a reputable Autokennel like guy there?
If I go, I will be renting a truck and trailer.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:44 AM
bcgreen
Pro

Duplicate

Last edited by bcgreen; 06-13-2020 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Delete
Old 02-23-2021, 10:30 PM
bcgreen
Pro

Originally Posted by MG993
Paul and Ed at the Autokennel are knowledgeable and nice. I would recommend them for consignment of my Porsche. However, as with all consignment they need to make a buck. So if you are looking for top of the market it may not happen. This is what happened to you the last time. I just listed a car with BaT https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-911-turbo-73/ and the experience so far has been good. Lots of offline conversations. The final outcome is not know yet. That will be determined soon. If the reserve is not met I will send it off for consignment.
What do you think of Barnaba vs Autokennel?
Old 02-24-2021, 12:05 AM
TheTorch
Rennlist Member

Received 398 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by bcgreen
What do you think of Barnaba vs Autokennel?
I don't have any experience with Autokennel, but I bought my 997 from Ron Barnaba. He's in / near Chicago, so the audience might be more limited than Autokennel.

As a buyer, I found Ron very honest and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. He's been working on Porsches since the 70s in Fairfield CT. But I can't say how he is as consigner: definitely not the most sophisticated marketer or advertiser like some of the others, but some of that is his inventory is more late model turnover from what I can tell, i.e., not something you'd put in PCA or Hemmings.

I dealt with European Collectibles as a possible buyer, and my feeling was "these guys move cars", especially among the set that owns multiple collector cars at once.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:36 PM
Keith Guidus
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Can we see your car?

Quick Reply: Consignment - maybe or maybe not.