Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Targa Top - Fibreglass??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 05:41 AM
964TOK
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Targa Top - Fibreglass??

I have a 1991 C2 Targa. I am looking for a fibreglass hardtop. Tried the 964 board but contacts I was given did not stock them.....maybe someone here can help!

Pelican parts do a Fibreglass replacement hard top but this does not fit the 964 model Targa. I have also noticed another on offer on ebay (sundialent? has anyone purchased this one?) but does not seem to be the same quality as the Pelican one, think it may fit the 964 with a few mods though.

Has anyone replaced or know of where you can obtain an after market hardtop for a Targa? Any photos with Top fitted to your car?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help
Derek
Old 02-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just got my Performance Products catalog in the mail yesterday and I could have sworn I saw an aftermarket top in there. But I'm not 100% sure it fits the 964 variant? But you might want to try their website.

http://www.performanceproducts.com
Old 02-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Ben Lovejoy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the Pelican Parts one. I know that doesn't help regarding fitment, but at least shows you what one looks like:
http://www.benlovejoy.com/wheels/911/roof/index.html

Ben
Old 02-28-2004, 04:24 PM
JMPRO
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is very likely that the top sold by pelicanparts.com will fit a C2, but it was never tried in the prototyping stage as the biggest number of targas was in the earlier year group.I doubt that porsche changed the top frame any but like i said, it was never tried. find someone with an earlier top and compare the frames side by side and look for any major differances between the two, if you don't see any then try it.
Jerry

Quick Reply: Targa Top - Fibreglass??