911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

RS Clubsport Heater Bypass Air Duct?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019 | 01:36 PM
slaskowski
Rennlist Member

Default RS Clubsport Heater Bypass Air Duct?

I have a 1998 911 Cabriolet with 23K miles all pure stock. A week ago the Varioram Blower Motor decided to call it quits (was pretty thrilled that it was only the blower motor as the engine was making a helluva noise). I was going to replace it with a used OEM blower motor assembly off eBay when I read about the RS Clubsport Bypass Air Duct option.

According to the link below, it appears that it may be a viable option.

A couple of quick questions before I go down the Bypass Air Duct option:
  • Do you think it would affect the resale of the car?
    • I am not looking to sell ii anytime in the near future, however, I want to make sure that I am not negatively impacting it.
      • I would replace it with an OEM model (not the carbon fiber one that is in the video)
  • I live full-time in Miami so I don't use the heater much with the exception of a few "winter" early morning runs with the top down. Would going this route dramatically impact the heater performance?
  • Is there anything else that I should be concerned about?
  • If I go down the route of just replacing the original motor assembly with a used OEM motor assembly off eBay (new ones go for $1100 and the used ones are only $200) are +/- that I need to be aware of?
    • I am assuming that these motors are pretty bulletproof (even though mine died after only 23K miles and 20 years)?
Thanks - Steve

BTW - Hats off to Pelican parts for the following instructions with how to replace the original blower motor assembly:

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...eplacement.htm

Old 10-03-2019 | 04:05 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Wrong place to ask............................................993
Old 10-03-2019 | 09:11 AM
slaskowski
Rennlist Member

**** - Thanks.

Quick Reply: RS Clubsport Heater Bypass Air Duct?