Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Vintage Recaro Seats!!??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 12:11 PM
highboy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vintage Recaro Seats!!??

Hello 911 folk - I've got a question about some OEM Recaro seats I found in a gentlemans garage over the weekend. These seats were in almost perfect shape and all the adjustments and electronic control panel intrige me.

After hussling home I did some research on the web about Recaro seats and to the best of my knowledge these are 1973 - 1977 Vintage Recaro C-Standard Leather seats. The seats have a electronic control panel in the lower left thigh bolster - does any body know what this seat may be worth and what all the cotrols are for (i.e., heating, cooling, etc...). Also, can anybody tell me what I will need to retro fit these into my '72 911.

Thanks
Tom
Old 02-23-2004, 06:51 PM
markwemple
Instructor

Just out of curiosity, why would you put seats w/power anything into a track car. Weight, safety and reliabilty issues!
Old 02-23-2004, 11:07 PM
EC83SC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Re: Vintage Recaro Seats!!??

Originally posted by highboy

After hussling home I did some research on the web about Recaro seats and to the best of my knowledge these are 1973 - 1977 Vintage Recaro C-Standard Leather seats. The seats have a electronic control panel in the lower left thigh bolster -
Tom
Where did you find the information on the web? I have a set of leather Recaro C's that were installed in my 83SC when I bought it and I've been trying to find info on them for quite a while. Each seat has about 8 buttons on them which of course don't work and I'd like to find some documentation on how they are supposed to work so I can attempt to fix them.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:49 AM
highboy
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by markwemple
Just out of curiosity, why would you put seats w/power anything into a track car. Weight, safety and reliabilty issues!
not to be confused with the track car - i also have a project '72 (not included on my signature) - that i am building for a fun street car! yes- you would be right - these are not good seats to be used in a track car!

as for:

EC83SC - if you get on the Recaro home page - there is a section on "Recaro History" - i thumbed through this section till i found a match of the seats - i too have yet to find a good resource of info on these vintage Recaros.

anyhow, i spoke with the guy who has these and he mentioned all the controls (what ever they do) worked when he pulled the seats out of his 930 in swap for race seats - i think i am going to take him up on the deal and purchase everything he has in the way of parts: including a complete set of new steel wide body flares, SSI heater boxes, fiberglass RS America tail and lots of misc.

thanks
tom
Old 02-24-2004, 06:01 PM
pwd72s
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's just a taste thing...but to my taste, high backed seats look weird in a pre '74 car...

Quick Reply: Vintage Recaro Seats!!??