Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

webers with CIS pistons????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 11:43 PM
Zipps
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question webers with CIS pistons????????

Steve, (and the rest of you rennlisters)
I have a 3.0 out of a 1983 SC. I also have a set of 40IDA-3C webers that I could install on this 3.0. Can I just bolt these on and gain the HP benefit of carbs vs the cis WITHOUT tearing the engine apart and replacing the cis pistons??? Or would you just stick with the cis for now??

Thanks,
Mark
Old 02-17-2004, 03:02 AM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

I have that setup on a 2.7L. I've never dynoed it, but it feels and sounds great! You need to jet the carbs rich.

A better cam and pistons would be a better but more spendy idea.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:32 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Mark:

Yessir, with the correct manifolds and fuel pressure regulator, these are a bolt-on. You might need to rejet the carbs for your SC motor, depending on what motor they came off of.

You do not need any internal changes unless you want more "zip". In that case, your CIS pistons will limit what cams you use.

Lastly, the success of any carburetor installation lies solely with how carefully these are set up. Fuel pressure (3.5 psi), precise float levels, and fuel filtering are VERY critical to making these run right. Webers are totally intolerant of any dirt or contaminants and the floats must be spot-on.

Quick Reply: webers with CIS pistons????????