Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Parking/emergency brake light

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004 | 11:23 AM
dascar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking/emergency brake light

Has anyone else out there experienced their parking/emergency brake light blinking on and off while driving? I'm sure the problem is the cable is too tight because if I just touch the handle even slightly (applying downward pressure) the light will go out. As soon as I let go it will come on in a random pattern again. So, how does one loosen the cable to get the damn light to stay off?
Old 02-15-2004 | 01:37 PM
emcon5
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have to mess with the cable, there is an adjustment on the switch on the lever.

I don't have a picture, but it is pretty intuitive. Once you get it apart, it is obvious how it works.

Tom
Old 02-15-2004 | 06:52 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Also, check your ground strap. That's the fist sing of failure on it. Next thing you'll most likely loose your clutch cable.
Old 02-15-2004 | 07:32 PM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

The brake light switch has a set screw, it is on the pass. side of the housing, there is an arched slot it sits in. Loosen the set screw and while you have the brake OFF move the switch in the slot till you get the light to go off and stay off while just slightly lifting the brake lever. Tighten the set screw. That should take care of it coming on without really needing to be on.
Old 02-15-2004 | 08:26 PM
dascar
Advanced

Default thanks!

Once again I am reminded how proud I am to not just be a Porsche car owner but also a bonafide Rennlist member. It's amazing how fellow P-car owners come to the rescue again and again on this awesome online forum to help out fellow uberauto owners. Thanks to all of you for your responses, I will have this annoying light fixed in no time!
dascar

Quick Reply: Parking/emergency brake light