Roll cage

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 06:03 PM
BJJones
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roll cage

Hi

Can anyone who has a rear roll cage fitted please post some pics of the rear lower and upper mounting points.

I am fitting an OMP cage (pics of any make will do) and am having trouble getting the cage up and back far enough to bolt in properly at the lower pick ups. The ones that are to the left and right of the rear seat bases.

I am thinking it is because I still have my head lining in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:01 PM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

The roll bars are generally designed for either a sunroof coupe or a non-sunroof coupe. There's more headroom in the non-sunroof models.

Replacing the headliner is a nightmare.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:33 PM
S4drifter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I just insatlled a Dassport roll bar in my car, not sure if it mounts the same. The main hoop bolts into the front seat belt anchors and the rear bars bolt into the rear seat back mount. Is this the same type of setup? If so, I will take a photo or two in the next couple of days and post it. Let me know.

By the way I have a sunroof coupe. It was not easy to get the rears to line up, but withsome siberal use of foul language and muscle, I got them to line up.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:50 AM
BJJones
Instructor

The car is a non sunroof model, it is difficult to describe the mounting points but I will try.

The main hoop has a flat bracket welded to its base at about a 30 degree angle this has four holes in it.

There is part of the tub just next to where the seat belt inertia reels are mounted, it is a hollow chassis void. The bracket sits on this chasis void, I have made up a plate with four bolts tack welded to the back.

I will cut out a section the same size as the plate in the correct place then weld the plate I have made back in. The cage will simply bolt to that.

Kirk, you are probably right I just need to shove it harder it sounds a lot easier mounting it to the seat belt mounting point but maybe not as strong? that is just one bolt I think.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:41 AM
BJJones
Instructor

Just want to bump this back to the top

Quick Reply: Roll cage