Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Suspension options ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 10:34 PM
spannerhead
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspension options ?

My 78 SC is in need of suspension attention . Its got its original struts but has had all bushes done not so long ago . So am considering new front inserts and new rear's . I have heard and read some good things about the KW v3 for G series . The blurb certainly leads one to believe they are great improvement , with all the R&D . But I know from my motorcycle days there are lots of good people making excellent stuff with a big brand name and a lot cheaper . So can anyone give me some real world feed back on there suspension experiences ? Thank you.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:35 AM
r911
Anti-Cupholder League

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

if you have Bilsteins now - they will refurbish/revalve them for a modest fee - a bit more for digressive valving, which is WELL worthwhile

dunno re Koni

if you have Boge struts buy digressively valved Bilsteins for them
Old 03-11-2019, 07:50 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

I find for technical issues such as this you will get a lot more feedback on the pelican forum. Not necessarily better feedback than you will get here but you will have a bigger technical minded audience. Might suggest you post over there as well.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:57 AM
Mark Salvetti
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 200 Likes on 158 Posts

I echo the custom-valved Bilsteins. That’s my plan. If you don’t have Bilsteins now you can get them from Steve Weiner (who posts here often) or Elephant Racing. They will be set up for your torsion bar sizes.

Mark

Quick Reply: Suspension options ?