Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Has anybody retrofitted the OEM sport exahust on a Carrera S? Was it worth it? Thx

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 12:43 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Has anybody retrofitted the OEM sport exahust on a Carrera S? Was it worth it? Thx

Hey gang, need your help. Bought a 2015 Carrera S with the full aero-kit package (front bumper, duck tail, and spoiler) for a friend that supposedly had the sport exhaust and full leather interior, but was duped. Guy posted photos of a different car with those items... but photos of his exterior, including HRE wheels. Go figure. Oh, and rather than 8K miles, it showed up with 10K. Geez. And no, my friend didn't think it was needed to check out the car 2K miles away, and I agreed (private sale. Sounded like a nice and honest guy), but it was obviously a mistake. Still feel bad about it, so I'm doing the research to see if the sport exhaust can be retrofitted like if it came from the factory. He really likes the car, but wants the sport exhaust after hearing my car, but doesn't mind the lack of full leather. Anyway, Suncoast sells the entire kit for about $2,600, but I need to know how complicated is the wiring. I know the rear bumper has to come off for the exhaust (right?), but it's relatively straight forward. What concerns me is messing with the interior. Hopefully somebody can shed some light on that modification, and how much it's expected to get charged for it. Thanks a million in advance for your help .
Old 12-21-2018, 08:26 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Ive read about people doing it. Don't think it is that difficult. Post in the 991 section for a better response.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:10 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Oh man, thought I posted there. Stupid me. Thank you for pointing that out in a nice way . Happy new year to all of you.

Quick Reply: Has anybody retrofitted the OEM sport exahust on a Carrera S? Was it worth it? Thx